Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A good day. We don't need to win our last two.

el punal

Bring on holiday Monday! I can't wait!

Good God man! Are you made of steel? I've just spent three days, up until 5.10 p.m. yesterday, a frazzled, nervous wreck thinking about the Charlton game. I need a week to get over that and then I'll get the vapours again thinking about Derby.

I'm going to lie down. :eek:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I have found the best way of coping with all this is to resign myself to the statistically most likely scenario - we end up 3rd, and treat anything else as a nice surprise. That's how I keep my blood pressure around 107 / 65. What happens to my blood pressure come the Play Off final, when we unwrap Zamora from his cotton wool shroud in the 70th minute at 0-0 is anyone's guess.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We have to win both games, that's it.

I'm clutching at the 'Boro lose to Brum by X and we beat Derby by X scenario' to allow us to go there, lose and still get promoted.

I've been half empty for most of the past 2 months and it's worn me out

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good God man! Are you made of steel? I've just spent three days, up until 5.10 p.m. yesterday, a frazzled, nervous wreck thinking about the Charlton game. I need a week to get over that and then I'll get the vapours again thinking about Derby.

I'm going to lie down. :eek:

I'm so strangely relaxed about going into the Derby game and looking forward to it in such a good way. I have no idea why. I saw yesterday as nothing other than a potential banana skin avoided and I also felt far more nervous heading to The Fulham and QPR games than I think I will feel next Monday. Here-and-now, I feel a serenity and calmness about all this. Since first going to The Goldstone in 1987 as an 8 year old, I've never felt like this and I don't know where it has come from.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Got to say, thank you Mick, thank you Ipswich!

I had a real feeling that Mick would do that yesterday an go and stick 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes. After all, Chris and Mick are long standing friends from their IRELAND DAYS TOGETHER. Both got most of their Ireland caps in the same games, I think.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm so strangely relaxed about going into the Derby game and looking forward to it in such a good way. I have no idea why. I saw yesterday as nothing other than a potential banana skin avoided and I also felt far more nervous heading to The Fulham and QPR games than I think I will feel next Monday. Here-and-now, I feel a serenity and calmness about all this. Since first going to The Goldstone in 1987 as an 8 year old, I've never felt like this and I don't know where it has come from.

Not once this season have I looks at other teams scenarios and what permutations would see us go up. I always just said. ''We are a good team, just keep winning and everything else will take care of itself '' - For the first time ever, I found myself last night thinking of different scenarios, for 10 minutes. The I reeled myself in and said ''**** that, stick to the same goal and the same chain of thought which I have had all season. Win both these last two games and nothing else matters. We are perfectly capable of doing that because WE ARE A VERY GOOD SIDE.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
First aim get a win at home to Derby even 1-0 then go to Boro knowing the same will be enough. If more goals come in the Derby game so be it but not important in my mind.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I have found the best way of coping with all this is to resign myself to the statistically most likely scenario - we end up 3rd, and treat anything else as a nice surprise. That's how I keep my blood pressure around 107 / 65. What happens to my blood pressure come the Play Off final, when we unwrap Zamora from his cotton wool shroud in the 70th minute at 0-0 is anyone's guess.[/QUOTE]

you have just raised my BP with such a notion......do you know something we don't :lolol:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not once this season have I looks at other teams scenarios and what permutations would see us go up. I always just said. ''We are a good team, just keep winning and everything else will take care of itself '' - For the first time ever, I found myself last night thinking of different scenarios, for 10 minutes. The I reeled myself in and said ''**** that, stick to the same goal and the same chain of thought which I have had all season. Win both these last two games and nothing else matters. We are perfectly capable of doing that because WE ARE A VERY GOOD SIDE.

Other results, scenarios, as well as worrying about us winning have concerned me. Having slept on it though, I feel so calm this morning. I don't know where this has come from......................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had a real feeling that Mick would do that yesterday an go and stick 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes. After all, Chris and Mick are long standing friends from their IRELAND DAYS TOGETHER. Both got most of their Ireland caps in the same games, I think.
Have you seen the highlights? The draw had more to do with god than Mick's formation.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Feeling relaxed about derby. Would be great to gain 2 goals on boro by stuffing them but that's unlikely to happen.

I'm very confident we will avoid defeat so it's the boro game that will give me sleepless nights....although I have no confidence we will beat them on their patch.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Perhaps but Mick did put 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes

I hope we park the bus.....walk to the garage and get the Lambo out when we go there..

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
We have to win both just for the prestige.

And there might still be the small matter of the Championship trophy up for grabs.

I'd love if we beat Derby enough to gain the 2 goals we need on Boro to only need a draw and finish above then on GOALS SCORED.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I think usually the team playing first at the weekend has the advantage of winning and putting pressure on teams around them to win.

However, I think it's different this coming weekend and I'm pleased the Boro game is on the Friday night. We can then see exactly what we need to do, to be above them going in to the final game

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The significance of the Derby game has massively reduced because Boro only drew last time round. Had they won, a win at Birmingham would have meant that we'd HAVE to win against Derby or would have needed snookers.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Birmingham 0 Middlesbrough 1 ( 100th minute )

Albion 4 Derby reserves 0

Burnley 0 QPR 1 ( 101st minute )

Middlesbrough 0 Albion 0

Dyche explodes.
£1 on those first 3 scores returns £5 grand

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here