Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A GIRL came to our 7 aside last night and...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Has Alf Garnett and Jim Davidson added their considered experience and expertise to this thread yet?

This thread shouldn't be allowed out and needs shooting, along with the 'people who leave the match early' thread.

Not at all meant in an offensive way... I have never played a football match with a girl and was impressed however cant believe a top woman footballer would be anywhere near as good as a top malesimply due to build.

Why can we not have a sensible conversation about such issues without the PC brigage stikcing their ore in making it something it's not...

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Not at all meant in an offensive way... I have never played a football match with a girl and was impressed however cant believe a top woman footballer would be anywhere near as good as a top malesimply due to build.

Why can we not have a sensible conversation about such issues without the PC brigage stikcing their ore in making it something it's not...

You think this was ever going to drive a sensible conversation? Can a bunch of ex Sunday leaguers put together a team to challenge a women's Premier league team? Yes Mr Cholmondley Warner....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxY9rZwNGU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Honestly... yes i did.... and it has...

No offence taken mate, no need to justify on your part...you have every right.
That said, I find it hard to believe a 25 year old female professional wouldn't run rings around you if she wanted to!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
No offence taken mate, no need to justify on your part...you have every right.
That said, I find it hard to believe a 25 year old female professional wouldn't run rings around you if she wanted to!

I agree with you that a female professional would run rings around most sun league players as for me... na...

But i was generally impressed by the girl and it did definately open my eyes...

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
This is a debate that i often have with my girlfriend. My girlfriend has been lucky enough to play in the womens super league for chelsea and has also played for millwall, arsenal and represented england at under 15's, 17's, 19's and 23's the squad she is currently part of. To compare womens and mens football is a bit unfair due to the quickness and physical differences of the mens game. If you get to watch a womens super league game im sure you would be very surprised by the level of skill that each player has at that level. With all due respect to the lady in question wolves are in a lower league in womens football and there is a drastic difference between the womens super league and anything lower. If you played a 7aside game against some of the top players in womens football im sure you would find it very difficult as i have no doubt there football skills will be as good if not better than yours.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This is a debate that i often have with my girlfriend. My girlfriend has been lucky enough to play in the womens super league for chelsea and has also played for millwall, arsenal and represented england at under 15's, 17's, 19's and 23's the squad she is currently part of. To compare womens and mens football is a bit unfair due to the quickness and physical differences of the mens game. If you get to watch a womens super league game im sure you would be very surprised by the level of skill that each player has at that level. With all due respect to the lady in question wolves are in a lower league in womens football and there is a drastic difference between the womens super league and anything lower. If you played a 7aside game against some of the top players in womens football im sure you would find it very difficult as i have no doubt there football skills will be as good if not better than yours.
Defo agree with this... Does your girlfriend run rings around u on the footy pitch ;)

No matter how good the girl is it is still funny seeing a guy done by them... its just something you dont expect or see often...

A-G-B-H-A-F-C

Dec 23, 2011
Haha i wouldnt say runs rings around me but no far off that lol. I know its a bit wierd but its actually nice to have a kick around with my girlfriend it just gets a bit embarresing when she scores past me from 30 yards! Me and my mates used to play at westows a couple years back and my girlfriend played occasionsly when we were short on players. It was just funny seeing all the men laughing her at the start and then over time seeing them getting more anoyed when they couldnt get the ball of her! Like you said it is funny seeing men getting taken on by women in football makes me laugh everytime seeing how embarresed they get knowing they just got done by a girl!

Ah yes, the Wolves ladies team - also known as 'The Munters'

381431_304950059524061_205369289482139_1182560_955600075_n.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've been on a few coaching courses/workshops where women have been on the course too. Most of the women on those courses are level 2 or 3 coaches and their skill level when playing is usually very good.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
:lolol: I think you'd be very unpleasantly suprised. Faye White could play in any mens team, she's THAT good.

Agree she'd have done a job last season. Exception that proves the rule though. Stick Alan Navarro in any Sunday league side and he'd boss the game, but it doesn't mean the Sunday league team with him in it would give the England men's team a match in 7-a-side!

May know person above's gf's brother lmao as my mate from work's sister played for Chelsea, England youth and had US college offers. She's much better than me, but both her brothers are way better than her and only play county league and sunday league yet she is the equivalent in the men's game of who..... Daniel Sturridge or Josh McEachran?

Last edited:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Ah yes, the Wolves ladies team - also known as 'The Munters'

381431_304950059524061_205369289482139_1182560_955600075_n.jpg

A couple of them look more manly than me :nono: None of them would get it :(

A couple of them look more manly than me :nono: None of them would get it :(

It's amazing what wimmins can do with a splash of make-up. There front row could all get some, with a bit of help from Max Factor (apart from the child of course :)
The one that looks like Bowie circa 1966 would turn into Rachel Riley with a few minutes in front of the mirror.

As Borat would say; the back row....not so much.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
It's amazing what wimmins can do with a splash of make-up. There front row could all get some, with a bit of help from Max Factor (apart from the child of course :)
The one that looks like Bowie circa 1966 would turn into Rachel Riley with a few minutes in front of the mirror.

As Borat would say; the back row....not so much.

lol! maybe the goalkeeper in the back row with a bit of make up might be less not so much :lolol:

The one on the top left looks like my dad :nono:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have a girl in my under 11s team. She's one of my best players and scored my winning goal on Sunday.

Girls and women are getting better and it would do the game good to be more inclusive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here