Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A GIRL came to our 7 aside last night and...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was only after the match that i was told shes the left back for the womans Wolves team. This then made me think as good as she was... a few of us were better... She is the Womans premier league and me and my mates arnt even in the mens league..
:lol: Wolverhampton Wanderers Ladies play in the Third tier of the Womens football league, which has four leagues in it. Some what 4 or 5 leagues below the English women's Super league,where most of the England internationals play.

The gulf in class is massive.

Interesting... im sure that they wouldgive us a good game and on fitness maybe edge it...
Are you just trolling? You thought only a few of you were better than the left back from a third tier women's team (of 11 aside), but you think you could have a decent game against a premier team in 11 a side? You'd lose by double figures easily.

That said, in women's football 'goalkeeper' is an oxymoron. I remember explaining this point to our university's women's goalkeeper in 1991. She wasn't best pleased, but I wasn't wrong. It's like when they have that match between celebrities and ex-footballers, and the celebs have to have a professional in goal, because goalkeeping properly is ridiculously difficult.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How far down the men's rankings in tennis would the top women have to go to win a match ???
Some years ago I think McEnroe said it would be below the top 1000.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Are you just trolling? You thought only a few of you were better than the left back from a third tier women's team (of 11 aside), but you think you could have a decent game against a premier team in 11 a side? You'd lose by double figures easily.

That said, in women's football 'goalkeeper' is an oxymoron. I remember explaining this point to our university's women's goalkeeper in 1991. She wasn't best pleased, but I wasn't wrong. It's like when they have that match between celebrities and ex-footballers, and the celebs have to have a professional in goal, because goalkeeping properly is ridiculously difficult.
I very much doubt I'd lose to any woman's team by double figures. However as i mentioned above my fitness isn't what it was 5 odd years ago so on fitness may edge it but double figures :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I very much doubt I'd lose to any woman's team by double figures. However as i mentioned above my fitness isn't what it was 5 odd years ago so on fitness may edge it but double figures :facepalm:
Unfortunately we'll never know

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Cracking thread. Imagine it....girls playing football......very funny.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Not at all meant in an offensive way... I have never played a football match with a girl and was impressed however cant believe a top woman footballer would be anywhere near as good as a top malesimply due to build.

Why can we not have a sensible conversation about such issues without the PC brigage stikcing their ore in making it something it's not...

Bloody PC brigade coming along and spoiling a highly intellectual discussion about women's sport.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
The problem in the womens game is there is still a lot of prejudice. My daughter started training at a team (shes 7 ) in Jan. Already she has had loads of problems - being put in the younger teams as shes a girl etc etc. They've since moved her up though since 2 weeks in a row her team have scored 13 goals, 12 of which were scored by her. Just a shame people dont encourage females with sport in the same way as they do with the boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here