Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] A giant flag for the North (and other stands)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As long as it doesn’t end up being a Stevie G tifo with ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ under a red and black image of Gerrard’s head I'm in.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
30k bog rolls lobbed at that killjoy copper would of been money well spent. At least someone is actually trying to do something so no problem at all with it really.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still not a fan I’m afraid.

Mostly because I don’t like international flags at domestic football. Flags at our stadium should be in club colours in my opinion.

Agree. Truly horrible. I appreciate Bob's likeness is taken from a photo, but it would have been nice to use a posed photo with the ****ing tie done up properly. FFS!

:facepalm:

tin pot.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah but no but. Pathetic in the extreme IMHO that 2.5k Albion fans in the North are supposed to somehow act as cheerleaders for the other 25k Albion fans in the stadium who mainly just sit there. Go have a serious f*cking word with yerselves

I'm in West Upper. We can't really hear you in the North, because it's too noisy where I sit, owing to all the singing and chanting and that :shrug:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I love that people have taken initiative. More than can be said for me who sits on my computer photoshopping and writing silly things on a message board.

But sometimes, it's better to overthink it. It's better to sit down and ask what you're trying to achieve and what you really want. And end up with something really good.

That design it absolutely fine for a smaller flag at the back of the stand. But it's pretty off the mark for essentially a new piece of Amex furniture. A giant flag with the club's crest would have been better from almost every standpoint. We could use it for years and it would ALWAYS be relevant.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im thinking we should've just gone full on "Ultras", & spent some of the money from the sale of Cucarella to get something like this...

maxresdefault-e1522793787855.jpgoie_161043506MaytNJf-min.png

...but I guess the other one will have to do for now :ascarf:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yeah but no but. Pathetic in the extreme IMHO that 2.5k Albion fans in the North are supposed to somehow act as cheerleaders for the other 25k Albion fans in the stadium who mainly just sit there. Go have a serious f*cking word with yerselves
No, but yes - aren't they self appointed as such. Isn't that what the North Stand was all about?

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Nice idea, just seems a bit bizarre to create a giant flag for a new manager who may or may not be any good, when you could have chosen the club itself, the great Tony Bloom, legendary captain Lewis Dunk etc etc

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Clackers, where are the clackers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here