Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A funny thing happened on the Brighton coach....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"apparently a player really crossed the line when abusing/bantering the coach driver"

Crossed the line? Really? That's more than the ball's done for them recently....

Sounds like abusing the bus driver is common place with them ???

Just that on this occasion it happened to cross the line.

Class :lolol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is a really interesting post for me personally. By sheer coincidence I happened to be staying at the same hotel as the team the night before the Brighton game. I had dinner and breakfast around the team and things didn't seem right. The team were all in their separate little groups rather all as one. There was no banter between the lads, conversation seemed awkward and Holloway seemed completely detached from the rest of the team and in an angry mood when I spoke to him. He had dinner with his wife and not with the team. Millen seemed like the odd one out to me. There but not really there.

I was too concerned with looking around at the time that I didn't really notice it fully but my mate who coaches non league certainly did. Looking back now it was perhaps more relevant.

As for Holloway writing what he did in the Mirror- totally unprofessional and whoever that player was has a right to feel aggrieved

Do you know what's funny. Not to give it the billy big bollocks, but I've heard from a very reliable source that the team is (and has been for some time now) very clicky. They're all one big happy family when they're winning, but when things go wrong it gets VERY divided in the Palace camp.

Marvelous to hear really. Especially when you continuously hear about what a good group of players we have! :clap:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Do you know what's funny. Not to give it the billy big bollocks, but I've heard from a very reliable source that the team is (and has been for some time now) very clicky. They're all one big happy family when they're winning, but when things go wrong it gets VERY divided in the Palace camp.

Marvelous to hear really. Especially when you continuously hear about what a good group of players we have! :clap:

Sounds about right. Delaney and Ramage were taking the piss out of Zaha the other week on twitter about him having a 'just too good for you' mobile phone case and rather than coming back with some more 'banter' he told them to shut up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Further proof that the word 'banter' is a horrendous one.

Though, if 'banter' is going to **** up the Palace then I'm all for it!

BANTS BANTS BANTS

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Without reading the whole of the BBS thread, it seems the Williams crossed the line between banter and bullying of the coach driver on the trip down to Brighton, and Holloway then gave him a dressing down when he found out. Holloway hasn't done anything wrong here, and if the this has turned the players against him then they need to have a serious look at themselves; can you imagine a young player at Man Utd getting away with that sort of thing when on club duty?

Without reading the whole of the BBS thread, it seems the Williams crossed the line between banter and bullying of the coach driver on the trip down to Brighton, and Holloway then gave him a dressing down when he found out. Holloway hasn't done anything wrong here, and if the this has turned the players against him then they need to have a serious look at themselves; can you imagine a young player at Man Utd getting away with that sort of thing when on club duty?

If Holloway wrote about the incident in the national press then he is a moron, how could he not think that would have a detrimental affect on morale.

Well played Wurzel.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Holloway wrote about the incident in the national press then he is a moron, how could he not think that would have a detrimental affect on morale.

Well played Wurzel.

The same column had some guff about his mum being a bit poorly and how important family is, blah.

Bonus Ian Holloway: Why the FA should give Pearce a chance - Ian Holloway - Mirror Online

My lovely mum Jean hasn’t been too well. She was taken to hospital after feeling poorly during the week, but I am happy to report that she is back home now and seems to be on the mend. It did serve as a reminder, though, that there’s nothing more important than your family.

Hard-hitting, cutting edge stuff from the amiable straight-talking bumpkin, he's certainly not struggling to fill his Daily Mirror column inches is he ? Worth every penny. I for one can't wait to read next weeks musings. Apparently his cousin binds 15 bales of hay before 5am every morning, and can even milk a chicken. Should make for a good read.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Parish would have abused the driver over twitter. He has Waaaay more style.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sounds about right. Delaney and Ramage were taking the piss out of Zaha the other week on twitter about him having a 'just too good for you' mobile phone case and rather than coming back with some more 'banter' he told them to shut up.

Further proof that the word 'banter' is a horrendous one.

Though, if 'banter' is going to **** up the Palace then I'm all for it!

BANTS BANTS BANTS

Sounds like Delaney and Ramage are competing for the title ARCHBISHOP OF BANTERBURY

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Without reading the whole of the BBS thread, it seems the Williams crossed the line between banter and bullying of the coach driver on the trip down to Brighton, and Holloway then gave him a dressing down when he found out.

No, I don't think that's right.

An un-named player was bollocked for the coach incident, AND Holloway shouted at little Johnny Williams at half time and made him cry.

Two incidents, not necessarily related.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Wow. What an utter cock that young man seems to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here