Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A few snippets I heard today

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Your expression 'putting the OP straight' is in itself inflammatory. You can say that you have a different opinion, but your post comes across as very arrogant.

Hi TB. Well, as you know, I have my own source on the mighty Gus debacle, so that immediately makes it clear to me that the content in the OP is nonsense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hi TB. Well, as you know, I have my own source on the mighty Gus debacle, so that immediately makes it clear to me that the content in the OP is nonsense.

We all know. You've told us, many many times. It doesn't make it any more believable than the OP.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In your opinion of course.....as valid or invalid as the OP.... and do you know how I came to that conclusion??........... because you are not Bloom or Barber.

Indeed I am not. However, even the OP admits some or all (it's the latter BTW) of his first post may be untrue.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We all know. You've told us, many many times. It doesn't make it any more believable than the OP.

So you trust the content of a poster who says his/her post might be untrue. More fool you.

bhafc1972

Banned
Jun 2, 2014
And get another debate gets dragged into childish nonsense. Are people on here not able to have a reasonable conversation without it turning nasty and the sort off thing you would hear in my kids playground at school.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's really refreshing to see the 'control' of the clubs finances being wrestled back into the fold, and not be held to ransom by players and agents.

I know it was always the aim, but to actually see it happening is pleasing.

You could also argue Bridge and Upson wouldn't have got their final lucrative contracts without doing the hard time here, first.
Which in itself bodes well for the future.

I think we, as fans, need to view our player policy a little different to many of the other top 30 clubs.
We should be grateful for what we had instead of projecting doom into the future.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Opinion and hearsay? My post was only hearsay, I bow to your greater wisdom.

My comments were not personal about you as the OP - I may not have the wisdom you suggest but do have a fair amount of experience in dealing with employment issues and that all sorts of spurious opinions can emerge within a workplace. I also have an objective viewpoint based upon trusted information already in the public domain. So I was particularly expressing concern that allegedly someone at the Club is happy to go public with what looks like dubious and inflammatory information. That is the danger with passing on hearsay. Congratulations on generating a debate and have flushed out opinions from across the Poyet spectrum, which as we know is often polarised on NSC!

When the Poyet saga gets resurrected from time to time on NSC it reminds me that I still want answers from him because of the unsatisfactory end to his time with us. Until he is vindicated (my instincts suggest this is unlikely) I will continue to feel that he owes us an apology (and I won't hold my breath). As stated in my earlier response part of me would like to see his claims of unfair dismissal tested in court, so the facts could be properly aired and a legal determination reached. Therefore I am not entirely anti-Poyet. I just want the truth.

But in the wider scheme of things this is purely a sideshow. I would much prefer to look forward rather than back - a bigger issue for me right now is for Hyypia to be successful with us.

Mar 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
My comments were not personal about you as the OP - I may not have the wisdom you suggest but do have a fair amount of experience in dealing with employment issues and that all sorts of spurious opinions can emerge within a workplace. I also have an objective viewpoint based upon trusted information already in the public domain. So I was particularly expressing concern that allegedly someone at the Club is happy to go public with what looks like dubious and inflammatory information. That is the danger with passing on hearsay. Congratulations on generating a debate and have flushed out opinions from across the Poyet spectrum, which as we know is often polarised on NSC!

When the Poyet saga gets resurrected from time to time on NSC it reminds me that I still want answers from him because of the unsatisfactory end to his time with us. Until he is vindicated (my instincts suggest this is unlikely) I will continue to feel that he owes us an apology (and I won't hold my breath). As stated in my earlier response part of me would like to see his claims of unfair dismissal tested in court, so the facts could be properly aired and a legal determination reached. Therefore I am not entirely anti-Poyet. I just want the truth.

But in the wider scheme of things this is purely a sideshow. I would much prefer to look forward rather than back - a bigger issue for me right now is for Hyypia to be successful with us.

No reason to disagree with any of that! Fair enough post.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Why are people so quick to dismiss the Barry Lloyd rumour ? This is exactly what happens during crisis planning. If Poyet, Tanno and Oatway had jumped ship mid season, the Board would have needed to have someone lined up. Someone trusted, someone experienced, someone who would not be seen as a contender for the job, whilst a new manager was recruited.
Barry Lloyd has good links with the Blooms, McGhee and Coppell, may have been less of a known quantity to the current board.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Why are people so quick to dismiss the Barry Lloyd rumour ? This is exactly what happens during crisis planning. If Poyet, Tanno and Oatway had jumped ship mid season, the Board would have needed to have someone lined up. Someone trusted, someone experienced, someone who would not be seen as a contender for the job, whilst a new manager was recruited.
Barry Lloyd has good links with the Blooms, McGhee and Coppell, may have been less of a known quantity to the current board.
I think the reason it's been dismissed so quickly is that it's clearly a load of old nadgers

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Wasn't it the Blooms who got Bazza in when Wendy was in charge ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here