Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Fabulous Welcome Back To Liam

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I fail to see the logic in selling a formidable player in order to buy lesser players.

Sure if he's as good as gone, we had better get top dollar.
But considering the money available to the club with LB at the helm, it's a big gamble to just sell him off.

Face the facts, we would have to sell if the right offer was made.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

That applies to pretty much every club apart from 3 or 4 in the premier league, but as far as Bridcutt is concerned I don't think 5m would be enough for a player of his age, ability and what we would lose as a team.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That applies to pretty much every club apart from 3 or 4 in the premier league, but as far as Bridcutt is concerned I don't think 5m would be enough for a player of his age, ability and what we would lose as a team.
What he said.

There's a difference between having to sell, and wanting to sell.

I don't see the benefit of wanting to sell in January, for the sake of 16 games, in a superbly poised division.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What he said.

There's a difference between having to sell, and wanting to sell.

I don't see the benefit of wanting to sell in January, for the sake of 16 games, in a superbly poised division.

Because you could do a lot with an extra 3-5m to spend in the Championship. How would you feel if we sold Bridcutt and bought a couple of players as good as Ulloa with the transfer money?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
While the FFP thing is clearly having an impact on us, if not certain other clubs at this level (Blackburn, QPR, Forest, to name but three), I would be amazed if Bridcutt was sold to Sunderland. The only less likely Premier League team for him to go to would be Palace.

No, we're not in a position to turn down silly money for any of our players, but I don't regard £5million as silly money, and am confident that the board are well aware of the additional negative PR that would ensue if our best player went to one of those two clubs. That alone would put the sort of premium on the price that neither Sunderland nor (especially) Palace would or could pay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because you could do a lot with an extra 3-5m to spend in the Championship. How would you feel if we sold Bridcutt and bought a couple of players as good as Ulloa with the transfer money?
For what purpose?
Selling Bridcutt will leave only one obvious weakness, that being holding midfielder.

We've staggered to 3 points off the play-offs with 3/4ers of our attacking options missing.
While looking defensively solid.

Failure to be in and around promotion in the spring will see LB on his way.
Who could blame a Premier League quality player for wanting to be in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here