Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Fabulous Welcome Back To Liam

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I will always admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong about Bridcutt. In the sense I believed we had seen the last of him. I still think he is as good as gone in Jan....But I hope i'm wrong about that as well.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I will always admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong about Bridcutt. In the sense I believed we had seen the last of him. I still think he is as good as gone in Jan....But I hope i'm wrong about that as well.

Revvy...3 others on another Bridcutt thread got it wrong...still waiting to hear from them

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
He can bloody tackle. A dying art in today's game. And Greer can actually play when he's in the team. That half an hour was better than his previous minutes this season when he was clearly injured. I actually think he'll play well with a combo of JFC, Crofts and Kemi.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Think we should cash in on Bridcutt to be honest, take the money. Just don't think he's suited to our new system and we have plenty of good players to fill his place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think we should cash in on Bridcutt to be honest, take the money. Just don't think he's suited to our new system and we have plenty of good players to fill his place.

Providing the transfer fee we get is re-invested in players I think it would be a good move for us

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Providing the transfer fee we get is re-invested in players I think it would be a good move for us

I expect it would be. I wasn't sure at all but since he's been out then I'm more convinced that we can do just as well without him and that millions? Think we can be really good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I fail to see the logic in selling a formidable player in order to buy lesser players.

Sure if he's as good as gone, we had better get top dollar.
But considering the money available to the club with LB at the helm, it's a big gamble to just sell him off.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Great to see Liam get some game time today. I was sceptical that we'd see him in an Albion shirt again, and I'm happy to have been proved wrong. Whether or not a deal has been done to take him to Sunderland in January, I'd be very surprised if Poyet doesn't come sniffing around when the transfer window opens, and if the price is right then I expect he will be sold

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great to see Bridcutt back. I really thought we had seen the last of him. Glad to be proven wrong, be even happier if he is still here come 1st Feb.

Really? I can't believe you hadn't mentioned this before.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Funny old game of opinions. Thought he looked very rusty, understandably, and we got worse for a while. But glimpses of the old Liam and great to have him back.

Likewise, after Lita made a mess of a couple of through balls it was interesting to contrast the reaction to how it would have been had Barnes done the same. Did very well with one burst of speed and cut back though and generally would be good to have him in the squad.
Definitely this. I thought we looked worse when he came on. We seem to lose our grip in midfield.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

In what sense? He seemed to fit in pretty well yesterday and looked a class act despite coming on with us under pressure and having been out for three months. If that is how he plays when he's been out for three months and doesn't fit into the system, then imagine how he could play if he did.

I am quite excited about what Oscar will do with this squad when he has Orlandi, CMS, KLL and Ulloa all back. We're going to have an amazing team and bench. We may not have been brilliant yesterday but when you consider the attacking options out, it is amazing we can compete with Blackburn, let alone win 3-0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here