Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A day out in Wycombe

West Hoathly Seagull said:
Picture 7 shows what a farce the Falmer an area of outstanding natural beauty argument is. Chilterns right behind the home end and I could see 2 Red Kites flying around in the valley during most of the game, showing that wildlife can happily exist with football stadiums. The Falmer site is much further from the Downs than Adams Park/Causeway Stadium is from the Chilterns. Nimbys you have been rumbled:angry: :angry:
Wycombe got their planning permission to build a stadium in an AONB because there was an over-riding national interest argument in favour of the development.

It wasn't the same issue as ours - the old ground was needed to allow the expansion of the local hospital (and that, apparently, is a "national interest" argument).

But no matter.

I'm actually having second thoughts. If building a stadium in an AONB can result in a freezing cold experience like yesterday, maybe we should keep out of the countryside altogether.

**scrub that** - I've just received Dick Knight's message from the Club's SMS service. WE NEED FALMER! LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE, MR PRESCOTT!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Somebody on the official msg board said the little 'England's number One' who did the saves is Trevor Benjamin's little son.

Quite how much truth there is in that I am not sure but I thought he was so cute I wanted to take him home. :lol:

Bozza, glad you took the pics of my 'best' side.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Great pics Hiney, good to see you there on Saturday. A great atmosphere, really showing what us Brighton fans are made of. The game itself really pailed into insignificance.
Saw a few faces, Chappers, Artois, Turkey, the back of Yorkies head.
Great effort from everyone.
:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Yorkie - That may well be true about the little number 1 (he was class)... I remember seeing a programme about 'real footballers wives' a year or so ago and he does look very similar.

Does anyone else remember that programme, it also featured Simon Rodger and his missus if i remember rightly.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rambo said:
Great pics Hiney, good to see you there on Saturday. A great atmosphere, really showing what us Brighton fans are made of. The game itself really pailed into insignificance.
Saw a few faces, Chappers, Artois, Turkey, the back of Yorkies head.
Great effort from everyone.
:clap:

The back of Yorkie's head in Bozza's pic's too. Definitely the preferred view :lolol:

Good to meet you at the burger bar Hiney. Thanks for introducing yourself and helping with the leaflets

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
hiney said:
Come on Albion

Wahooo, there's me sanwiched between Artois (left) and OAPdodge (right).

Good work Hiney, some crackin pics in there !:wave:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Great pics both of you well done :clap:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Bozza, glad you took the pics of my 'best' side

I managed to miss snapping you yesterday, Yorkie (probably for the best!:D ) but other NSC people were elusive about their profile too...
w22.jpg

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
you lucky boy trigger....

not me though, I was very hard to miss with a bright blue cap on and Evisu Jacket with pink lining though..

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
you lucky boy trigger....

not me though, I was very hard to miss with a bright blue cap on and Evisu Jacket with pink lining though..

No you weren't, as I managed to miss you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here