Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A complete joke of a club from top to bottom

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Personally I think the groundsmen haven’t had anything like enough stick for creating such a wet pitch we kept slipping over in all that rain
To be fair we noticed this. The ball seemed to be really slowing up yesterday. You can see water splashing up during a few sliding tackles. It does seem they had massively over watered the pitch.
Anyone else not on the booze notice this?
Not quite turning up to a water logged farmers field at 14.00 on a Saturday in October, but the water meter must have been running on overdrive yesterday.
Bracing myself for arrows but purely seeing if anyone else noticed this?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit silly - sorry Harry.

Actually think in the main the comments are quite measured.
Indeed. But there were several threads that got on my wick, and comments within threads that inflamed my wick. And nobody wants a flaming wick.

Given that that everyone is apparently entitled to an opinion (and indeed entitled to start a new thread based around it) I thought I'd share mine.

I accept it was totally unnecessary and pointless in a wider context, both biased and frivolous.

There again, so is football :wink:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We got it wrong last night , manager's first team was weak as shown by the subs. It did show that the squad is stretched and we need to improve on some of the players , that said a bit of luck and a poorer Pickford then it could have been 5-5.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Indeed. But there were several threads that got on my wick, and comments within threads that inflamed my wick. And nobody wants a flaming wick.

Given that that everyone is apparently entitled to an opinion (and indeed entitled to start a new thread based around it) I thought I'd share mine.

I accept it was totally unnecessary and pointless in a wider context, both biased and frivolous.

There again, so is football :wink:
Great reply……

I hope your wick has been extinguished so to speak…

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I thought most people were quite philosophical about that fact that bad days come along from time to time, yesterday was one of them and we're lucky we don't get too many unlike, say, Everton who have largely had a season full of them.
Bad days I can take but that was shocking.
They were second to bottom for a reason. They have struggled for goals all season. They put five past us and could have got seven or eight. It was such a thumping that we are all a bit shell-shocked. We were sixth for a very good reason. Yesterday, that all disintegrated.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair we noticed this. The ball seemed to be really slowing up yesterday. You can see water splashing up during a few sliding tackles. It does seem they had massively over watered the pitch.
Anyone else not on the booze notice this?
Not quite turning up to a water logged farmers field at 14.00 on a Saturday in October, but the water meter must have been running on overdrive yesterday.
Bracing myself for arrows but purely seeing if anyone else noticed this?
It was pissing down From HT onwards.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Interestingly, Real Madrid sat back in the 1st half and protected the middle in a higher quality version of our game last night for anyone watching the Champions league. 70 odd percent possession before they leg it up the other end and score. They've come out in the 2nd half to play but it's a lesson that even the current European champions have a plan B. If I was to criticise anything -perhaps unfairly- it is that when Plan A isn't working we don't really have a B.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What was their take on Undav starting?
My Aussie correspondent has a housemaid who used to work in Germany, and her sister went to school with Undav's neice, and she says he's not shitehouse.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
It was pissing down From HT onwards.
It was indeed but could see in the first half too. Shouldn't be standing water on there surely. Must have massively water it to settle that way
The groundsman is now to blame, not the players. 😉 we must surely have an algorithm for groundmand, could be the signing of the season.
I know shit to be fair, the state of my garden tells me that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You were pissed and pissed off when you typed that drivel weren’t you Harry? :lolol:
I love you, Icy, but I am a bit surprised that don't get my imperative, after all these years. Saddens me a bit.

Anyway, point made.

And @Tom Hark Preston Park nailed it with another related comment. If that result doesn't give RDZ's head a wobble, nothing will.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I love you, Icy, but I am a bit surprised that don't get my imperative, after all these years. Saddens me a bit.

Anyway, point made.

And @Tom Hark Preston Park nailed it with another related comment. If that result doesn't give RDZ's head a wobble, nothing will.
Ignore Icy ..hes still pissed off about the state of the dressing room and thinks the team should employ a sweeper 😏

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think we all get a bit precious when people vent their frustration. After this defeat I thought it was mostly fairly measured, thoughtful and philosophical.

As as been mentioned this place is used for people to express their frustrations. Just part of life.

Been a great seasons, the last game was flipping frustrating. We dust ourselves down and go again.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I tend to stay away from here when we've has a bit of a 'mare. Beware of low flying toys an' all that.
I'm as bad, tis why I 'try' and stay away....I'm a sore loser even when I know this losing lark when we're outplayed hasn't happened too much this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here