Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A complete joke of a club from top to bottom

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You ok hun :lolol:
I said yesterday I wondered how I'd feel after the codeine had worn off.

Fine.

And ironically I have just come off a Teams call with colleagues in.....Australia. Some excellent opinions robustly exchanged. ???

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Personally I think the groundsmen haven’t had anything like enough stick for creating such a wet pitch we kept slipping over in all that rain

I have carefully read all the threads and posts after tonight's game.

It is clear that we are complete joke of a club from top to bottom.

The supporters don't sing when they are supposed to sing, in time, with the right words, or together.

The players are clueless, making no effort whatsoever, and lack skills.

The manager gets it wrong time and time again, especially against Dyche, every time he's faced him. Every.

And the owner is nowhere to be seen.

This. Is. A. DISGRACE.

Sorry, I missed one.

Entitled cry baby supporters who can't deal with a humiliating defeat without shitting their own kidney out their backside while looking feverishly for an escape goat.
I am fuming and RDZ did get it wrong, but the JCL bed wetters can f off. Still alot to play for even tho I feel like we may have f***ed Europe.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Quite a lot of piss, feathers and stainless steel coil springs in evidence I see.............

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If at the start of the season you'd of said we'd be in the position we are with 5 games to go albeit hard games I'd have been over the moon,I still feel that way and we control what happens next.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Personally I think the groundsmen haven’t had anything like enough stick for creating such a wet pitch we kept slipping over in all that rain
Just before I read your comment, I was thinking that there isn't one player who started who hasn't come in for criticism.

But good players don't suddenly become poor players overnight. Dyche had a plan, he implemented it and it worked a treat. He rumbled us.

It is now up to RDZ to plug the gaps that Dyche exposed. I have every confidence that he will. Good managers don't suddenly become poor managers overnight.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just before I read your comment, I was thinking that there isn't one player who started who hasn't come in for criticism.

But good players don't suddenly become poor players overnight. Dyche had a plan, he implemented it and it worked a treat. He rumbled us.

It is now up to RDZ to plug the gaps that Dyche exposed. I have every confidence that he will. Good managers don't suddenly become poor managers overnight.
A good balanced post.

In adversity you find out how good your people really are - that’s management, players and fans.

No doubt RDZ will reflect, dissect and analyse this performance whilst balancing with the performances against Man U and Wolves, and Forest. In the long run this will be a good lesson and show us how good he really is. Likewise the players need to bounce back and put in a top and committed performance in the remaining matches of the season.

What are we going to do as fans? Get behind the team or just slag off the club?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
NSC, never has and never will represent the feelings of the overwhelming majority of Albion fans.

It is an addictive site, I agree. However, it, s quality has diminished significantly over the years and is now far more like a whining Mumsnet forum.

Sad really, from what it used to be.
I'm only here for the Mumsnet content - the football rather gets in the way

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
OP. Just ignore in game comments or those made soon after. Emotions are doing the talking, often significant alcohol is playing a part and people are using here or twitter as a means to sound off about a disappointing result.

It's not new and I don't believe it to be especially unhealthy.

In the cold light of day, there is plenty of rational analysis to be found. Brains are re-engaged, people sober up. Just give people those few hours to vent.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I said yesterday I wondered how I'd feel after the codeine had worn off.

Fine.

And ironically I have just come off a Teams call with colleagues in.....Australia. Some excellent opinions robustly exchanged. ???
It always happens on here after weve done well.
The primordial forehead starts to grow, along with extended arms, which indicates a wave of anxt.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I thought most people were quite philosophical about that fact that bad days come along from time to time, yesterday was one of them and we're lucky we don't get too many unlike, say, Everton who have largely had a season full of them.
Wolves have never been that bad this season, and what we we did to them, where it all went right for us and wrong for them, was reciprocated last night by Everton.

Play Everton another 9 times at home, and we win most and no chance of another 1-5, unfortunately we can't play them again and we can only reflect and learn from that giant turd on our otherwise good season.

It is a totalitarian state or happy clappers! where supporters aren't allowed to express there angst and hurt in a constructive manner which I agree is what happened last night in the main.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
A good balanced post.

In adversity you find out how good your people really are - that’s management, players and fans.

No doubt RDZ will reflect, dissect and analyse this performance whilst balancing with the performances against Man U and Wolves, and Forest. In the long run this will be a good lesson and show us how good he really is. Likewise the players need to bounce back and put in a top and committed performance in the remaining matches of the season.

What are we going to do as fans? Get behind the team or just slag off the club?
Indeed. And thank you for your kind words.

As a result of our defeat to Everton, Arteta, Pep, Eddie Howe and several others will be crawling all over the videos for a way to beat Brighton.
RDZ will be expecting this. The challenge now facing him will be to anticipate the tactics the other managers will try, and tweak his own tactics to counteract them.

Like you suggest, we may be about to find out just how good RDZ is. Your sentences I highlighted are so true.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought it was quite a funny post that parodied many other comments on here in its completely OTT reaction to last night's game of football. Maybe a bit extreme in its nature, but so are some of the comments and soundbites I've heard and read since I left the stadium last night.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here