Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A captain's fury.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But what’s the point. It’s a guaranteed fine. Potter getting angry just to appease the fans, and then picking up a £25k fine doesn’t sound smart to me.

Why doesn’t Tony bloom or Paul barber ?

I'm not calling for him to come out all guns blazing, but if I see him shrug and say "it is what it is" then I'm going to need a new remote. Some concise, direct questioning along the lines of "I'd like to see Lee Mason justify the exact reason why he felt it necessary to disallow that goal, to tell us exactly why we were then penalised after he'd blown his whistle for OUR free kick to be taken...."

You can hold their feet to the fire without it being a rant. I'd far prefer that than the usual suck-teeth shrug.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm not calling for him to come out all guns blazing, but if I see him shrug and say "it is what it is" then I'm going to need a new remote. Some concise, direct questioning along the lines of "I'd like to see Lee Mason justify the exact reason why he felt it necessary to disallow that goal, to tell us exactly why we were then penalised after he'd blown his whistle for OUR free kick to be taken...."

You can hold their feet to the fire without it being a rant. I'd far prefer that than the usual suck-teeth shrug.

To what end?

We still won't get the goal.

I'd probably be more miffed than I feel now about the decision if Mason said 'Yeah, my bad, it was a goal'.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
GP needs to get his hands dirty on this.

I cannot think of very few managers who would give such a mild response. I think Dunk’s reaction was spot on.....

I think the officials view him as a soft touch at times.....

There’s nothing wrong with being respectful and decent, but sometimes you need to get in there......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Beat me to it...

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I respect Graham Potter for being careful with his words. I do wonder though whether after Lee Mason gave the goal, the thought of the roasting he was going to get from Big Sam was just a tiny factor in him changing his mind.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There are far more official channels for him to do that through than via the tv. Why should he risk a fine and ban just to make some knee jerk fans happier? It's nonsense. He gave the only answer he could.

Nonsense - not sure many other PL managers would be that passive.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Can you imagine Micky Adams or Mark Mchee or Gus Poyet as our manager today and that happened !!!! Mason would of shit it and gave the goal. Potter is just too bloody nice

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
I just hope he has an honest and frank exchange of view with our centre forwards. 6 glaring misses, 2 missed penalties, 25 shots most games and unable to score more than 1 goal. I wonder if Richard Titltman would have been any better.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Maybe if, IF, we gripe on about it long enough they'll give us the goal.

No, but if enough players and managers keep complaining then the lack of transparency with the PGMOL might result in them engaging with other interested parties in football, ie the teams, players, fans etc etc.

At the moment, they referee a match then disappear.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I respect Graham Potter for being careful with his words. I do wonder though whether after Lee Mason gave the goal, the thought of the roasting he was going to get from Big Sam was just a tiny factor in him changing his mind.

Quite. No point being mr angry, but Potter is the complete opposite. No motivational ability at all. He leaves that to the players. Maupay at HT v Wolves, and Dunk now.
' Inspiring people' is a competency that leaders should have. Does Potter think that a coach does need to be a leader. If so, I'd beg to differ. Good on Dunky for having a f@cking go.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Bullshit. Name one occasion the ref changed his mind after a manager had a go at them. One. Fine one.

Watch Liverpool and Manchester United games they get the rub all the time

Potter should of being going ape shit on the touchline . You keep the blinkers on and keep posting even though you are so desperate for your account to be closed yet still post on here !!!!

Bullshit show me one yes one and I mean one that is just one example of a person that keeps posting on a forum after asking for their account to be closed down just one

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bullshit. Name one occasion the ref changed his mind after a manager had a go at them. One. Fine one.

It’s the next time though. Hypothetically, (and I don’t know because of camera angles), Mason might have looked over and seen Fat Sam and Sammy Lee remonstrating with the fourth official.

PS. Whilst I don’t agree with you on this - glad you’re still posting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To what end?

We still won't get the goal.

I'd probably be more miffed than I feel now about the decision if Mason said 'Yeah, my bad, it was a goal'.

It changes nothing today. I felt that is a point so blindingly obvious it wouldn't actually need clarifying.

The point is, perhaps if Potter had articulately lost his shit a few times this season in the face of (off the top of my head) the Southampton penalty outside the box, the Batshuiyi penalty when Lamptey tapped him on the shoulder, the overturned pen when Pogba clattered Connolly from behind, and now todays DEBACLE from the officials, we might just have half a chance of getting the benefit of the doubt on some of these shithouse calls and falling on the right side of them.

Who did Mason fancy upsetting more ? Allardyce (who he knows would have gone postal on the officials, with WBA on the PL life support machine), or good old shrug-a-thon Graham, who just kind of rolls his eyes and shrinks back down into his cashmere ?

It was incompetent, WEAK referring. And incompetent weak refs will always pander towards the lesser shitstorm. Which is what happened today.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It changes nothing today. I felt that is a point so blindingly obvious it wouldn't actually need clarifying.

The point is, perhaps if Potter had articulately lost his shit a few times this season in the face of (off the top of my head) the Southampton penalty outside the box, the Batshuiyi penalty when Lamptey tapped him on the shoulder, the overturned pen when Pogba clattered Connolly from behind, and now todays DEBACLE from the officials, we might just have half a chance of getting the benefit of the doubt on some of these shithouse calls and falling on the right side of them.

Who did Mason fancy upsetting more ? Allardyce (who he knows would have gone postal on the officials, with WBA on the PL life support machine), or good old shrug-a-thon Graham, who just kind of rolls his eyes and shrinks back down into his cashmere ?

It was incompetent, WEAK referring. And incompetent weak refs will always pander towards the lesser shoitstorm. Which is what happened today.

Had we converted two spot-kicks then this would have died already.

We know how fickle football fans are.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So you would be happy with no manager for the next game as he serves a ban? Great. That's helpful.

He wouldn’t get a ban for first offence, as well you know.

You see more from the stands anyway. He still has his coaching team too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here