Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A BLATANT begging for an Away End

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just had a look at the BBS away end to see how it works. It seems to me to be mainly Palace fans obsessing about BHA and specifically NSC.

Do we really want or need a Palace sub-board for nutters on here?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Based upon my observations over the last few months, ALL the palace related threads are started by Brighton fans. Why? I guess that they have some obsession with them, lord only knows why. IMO, It is only right that fans of said club should come on to these threads and give as good as they get.

The moral of the story is, if you do not like Palace fans on the main board, do not start threads about Palace. Simples.

If a Palace fan interrupts a perfectly civil discussion about things not related to Palace, and starts being an arse, use the ignore facility or report them.

As an 'away fan', exactly! All of these threads appear to be stoked up by chippy Brighton fans, stop being so frigging needy!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would agree if the mods banned them, but bannings are few and far between

I've banned three this week. I'm not banning anyone for supporting Palace though. Not unless they actually act like bell-ends.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Please describe how the away end and posting rights generally would work with respect to...

i) Existing users who are non-Albion but decent sorts otherwise
ii) Existing users who are non-Albion, decent sorts otherwise but makes an occasional well-observed dig at the Albion
iii) New users who are clearly non-Albion
iv) New users who, initially at least, have indeterminate allegiances which become apparent as non-Albion at some future point
v) Albion fans who are somewhat twattish by and large

vi) Decent discussion threads that get derailed by non-Albion fans and a binfest develops prior to moderator intervention.

The Palace forum manages it. I guess we could follow their example.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't think they enjoy responding to the wind ups, I just think they lack the intelligence to ignore them.

I lack the patience not the intelligence. Well...I'll leave that up to you to judge, I guess but I find them incredibly annoying and that's the bottom line.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Come to a compromise and just ban seaside eagle/ the rock/hanisaliar/ the paddy/glynn murray and any other names he has. Most of the boring crap wound stop then.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Possibly, but certainly not me. I've got too much previous and I don't think I can be as magnanimous with the trolls as Bozza would ask.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I wouldn't wish that task on my worst enemy... not that I have any. There are too many angry people on here.

Could put them in charge? A mod list including vulture, returnoftherev, the wanderbus etc could make for a spicy forum.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
So...more mods?

The+scooterist+5.jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
My suggestion is let away fans post on the Big Board until they earn their first infraction. Then confine them to an Away forum only. Those that want to argue endlessly with them can do so at their hearts content.
The ignore function is ok but others keep quoting them which defeats the object.

This.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Why should they have to put up with so much abuse from fellow Albion fans though?

They shouldn't. Although I'd suggest that those in 'authority' (in whatever form) are always going to be subject to more abuse, but can do more about it. Titanic seemed to bare the brunt of it for some reason.
I'm sure there'd be plenty of volunteers.
Seems a better idea than an Away End to me.

Said my piece and will leave it at that.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And it seems it's always the ones who dish it out that can't take it . Look this is a good site , I prefer it to the bbs that's for sure . In my short time on here I know who I can spar with and who I can bait it it's never vicious and in my view it helps to keep the rivalry alive .. I agree some palace go over the top , I have at times , but a warning or infraction normally dampens the ardour . As rock said if we weren't here you would miss us , you would , So stop the whining and grow a pair even if you tell me to feck off :thumbsup:

Agree 100%
It's seems the posters whinging about an away end or banning away fans ( Palace), are the very ones who are most nasty when we return fire on a Palace wind up thread.
As Dougie as said, we know the obvious wind up merchants, and I will respond in kind, but I will sensibly debate with other posters who havent got an agenda.
By creating an away end, you won't stop the piss taking and sniping, unless you take a scatter gun approach and ban any Palace fan who says anything some don't agree with.
Bozza's got it spot on, unless someone is out to offend, a slap on the wrist normally works, but if it doesn't, ban them.
In short, don't start wind up threads then moan about the response.
Good night .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here