Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A BLATANT begging for an Away End

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Disagree. Just ban the trolls when they spam and go to far, much as it annoys me A part of me quite enjoys that they are even here as it shows the obviously care very deeply about us :thumbsup: I don't want to go down the BBS away end route quite frankly because I think it's damn stupid.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Disagree. Just ban the trolls when they spam and go to far, much as it annoys me A part of me quite enjoys that they are even here as it shows the obviously care very deeply about is :thumbsup: I don't want to go down the BBS away end route quite frankly because I think it's damn stupid.

Would agree if the mods banned them, but bannings are few and far between

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think the answer is to have more mods, personally.
The site has a lot more traffic these days (an educated guess) so needs more folks to help out the little guys, like me.

Oh and whilst I'm at it-I nominate Frutos, Stat Brother and Buzzer.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
That's not strictly true now is it, if no one mentions them for a few days they start a thread off themselves.So it is never ending.The thread about Liam going to palace was started by red n blue.
Op should of started a poll, only a few want palace trolls to remain on main section.

Did not realise that Red n Blue started the Bridcutt to Palace one, but at least there was a sensible reason to start it! It has been somewhat derailed by trolls, I would agree, but then that was bound to happen due to the subject matter. I blame Ian Holloway for that one.

But I think that the general obsession on here at the moment with Palace is from Brighton fans and I think it is only right that they should be allowed to defend themselves - after all, that is the purpose of starting the thread, surely?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Daz

Multi choice options are inappropriate.

We simply need to have an away end where posters/supporters of other clubs earn the right to be entitled to post on the general NSC forum.

There are a number of 'foreign' posters whose contributions are fine by me including several of palace, saints and orient for example, although those should always be subject to their content. But the frankly 's---' posts from WUMs and S--- stirrers which appear so regularly are beginning to make one question the pleasure of belonging to and contributing to the fantastic NORTH STAND CHAT'

I concur with the opening post of this thread !

How would they earn it? The away section will be full of the sorts of threads that warrant people being kicked off the main board. Anyone who tries to start a reasonable thread will more than likely have it derailed by away fans who will be doing it because it's the away section, it's what's to be expected, and most people when antagonised by the away posters will be pulled into slanging matches.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Did not realise that Red n Blue started the Bridcutt to Palace one, but at least there was a sensible reason to start it! It has been somewhat derailed by trolls, I would agree, but then that was bound to happen due to the subject matter. I blame Ian Holloway for that one.

But I think that the general obsession on here at the moment with Palace is from Brighton fans and I think it is only right that they should be allowed to defend themselves - after all, that is the purpose of starting the thread, surely?

Problem is thread soon derails and becomes a pointless argument and one palace thread becomes like the other.
Brighton fans should be able to discuss play offs, signings, bids, even if they are to do with palace without it becoming a bore fest about how they beat us and how much prem money they now have.
Seaside eagle with his several ids makes sure of that.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Having the banter is healthy for the website. Just ban the spammers / offensive posters (obviously).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Problem is thread soon derails and becomes a pointless argument and one palace thread becomes like the other.
Brighton fans should be able to discuss play offs, signings, bids, even if they are to do with palace without it becoming a bore fest about how they beat us and how much prem money they now have.
Seaside eagle with his several ids makes sure of that.

But these are facts - sad as that is, you cannot deny that they did beat us and they have got a lot of prem money (admittedly a lot less now after Wurzel's first panicking session has finished). That is not trolling, surely? It is gloating, which is part and parcel of being a football fan.

I do see your point - Syph(illis) on the "Who would we have signed thread", for example. But then he only joined in after someone suggested the 15 players that Palace have wasted their money on. At the end of the day, if you do not like what they have to say, ignore them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm still in the grow a pair camp. Their obsession with us, despite being in the premier league, has surprised me though.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I'm an Away fan ,but have mates who are Brighton who post on here .I've attended Brighton games all over the country ,i come on here because there's always a good bit of banter on here that you don't get on Shotsweb .Any healthy debate on there gets locked or vanishes.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm an Away fan ,but have mates who are Brighton who post on here .I've attended Brighton games all over the country ,i come on here because there's always a good bit of banter on here that you don't get on Shotsweb .Any healthy debate on there gets locked or vanishes.

Most fans want an away room for the boring palace trolls rather than fans from other clubs that have something interesting to say/add.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I actually like Palace fans being on here. Anyone remember not so long ago when they were Prem and we were rock bottom of the entire football league when their fans didn't give two hoots about us. Never hear any younger Nigels say they don't get the Brighton rivalry anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here