Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've got the dentist at 3 ffs

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Who'll make a quip about "being in the teeth of a gale" first, you or the dentist?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just strolled across Lancing beach green. It’s pretty bonkers. Wind took my breath away.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Brighton Uni closed Eastbourne Campus. Teaching moved online "if possible". The useless morons posing as staff in the (former) Polytechnic will obviously take the opportunity for an extra day off.

So teaching online instead of face to face is a day off? So, every person that works from home is having a day off rather than working then?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just spoke to daughter in law in perranporth winds gaining speed now and power gone out in Truro . It’s comming ![emoji50]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just landed at Gatwick. Very very bumpy on the final approach. Flight took an extra 20 minutes due to a head wind and the fact the plane was heavy due to taking on extra fuel but otherwise all good.

Reason for extra fuel was because the pilot didn’t want to refuel in Gatwick….not sure why this was.

Don't pilots like extra fuel onboard for the weight which helps keep the plane stable when landing in high winds?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Brighton Uni closed Eastbourne Campus.

Sussex Uni campus doing the same. It's half term and a strike week for teaching staff so not much impact really. Anyone with a desk bound job will just carry on working like normal but from home.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Just landed at Gatwick. Very very bumpy on the final approach. Flight took an extra 20 minutes due to a head wind and the fact the plane was heavy due to taking on extra fuel but otherwise all good.

Reason for extra fuel was because the pilot didn’t want to refuel in Gatwick….not sure why this was.

Welcome home [emoji1303]

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah, somewhat surprised the schools are open in Sussex. Half my school in Uckfield blew away in 1987, lord know what would have happened if it had been in the daytime.

Its half term week in East Sussex and B&H. All the schools were closed anyway. West Sussex's would have been open as their half term is next week.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Could be price; of more relevance, could be an issue with getting the man in his fuel truck out in the open in the wind. I wonder if flights will be diverted as the day goes on?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I went for a walk before work on the beach in Lancing @ 6:30am it was picking up, but not horrendous.
Looking out the window at work now, it seems not that bad.

I think midday is peak. Judging by the waves, I’ve seen a lot worse. But the wind along the green is bonkers. I’m in the Perch eating and watching the waves. It’s quite pleasant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here