[Sussex] A bit brisk tomorrow... *** Met Office RED weather warning ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I remember after the 87 storm, those flats? on the left up the hill out of Saltdean had all their whole roofs ripped off and were lying on the grass :eek:

120mph winds at Shoreham in 87, there was havoc. This could be more dodgy as it will happen in daytime hours with more people about

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I used to love beachcombing after a storm. Does anyone still do that?

I'm having enough of a problem just combing these days, let alone beachcombing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Love this quote from the met office:

"It is the most powerful storm we have seen in recent years and we should tie down anything loose especially trampolines and make plans to stay in especially if you live in a red zone," he told the BBC.

There speaks a man/woman who has suffered from watching their childs trampoline disappear into their neighbours greenhouse!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Good luck mate, I hope all will be well.

We were in the first road in Ovingdean until a year ago. I am grateful that we moved in to central Brighton.

Cheers Pogue - weve had some hairy times over the last two decades up there, but have only lost one tile in all the years since. I have a feeling this one may be bad though.
If we get through this unscathed I will declare it the safest place in the country to be when the apocalypse starts! :lol:

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Schools have been shut tomorrow down this way, more home schooling to look forward to. Hopefully the roads are clear of trampolines by Sat a.m. as we've got tickets for the match.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Love this quote from the met office:

"It is the most powerful storm we have seen in recent years and we should tie down anything loose especially trampolines and make plans to stay in especially if you live in a red zone," he told the BBC.

There speaks a man/woman who has suffered from watching their childs trampoline disappear into their neighbours greenhouse!

Which reminds me ... need to sort out my son's trampoline later this afternoon. Had to move it from it's normally lashed down with ground pegs because we've been having work done in the garden, it's currently sitting on a slope and not tied down...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I’m supposed to be travelling down from the North East to London on Saturday for something I really don’t want to go to. Decent chance of being able to use the weather as an excuse not to go? Hoping for some rail carnage.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
cycling to work is usually 15 mins each way

20 in yesterday and under 15 home . . . similar today.

may drive tomorrow. or put stabilisers on my scooter. :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's incredibly calm with sunshine and blue skies in the back garden at the moment. What time is kick off ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
21B4DCB8-1510-4EC1-9625-D827444C81A0.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports