Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Big Manager Poll with choice (unlike the Argus)

Poll for Manager with Genuine Choice

• Hoddle

Votes: 64 13.6%
  • Sherwood

Votes: 81 17.2%
  • Pulis

Votes: 92 19.6%
  • N Jones

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Mcghee

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meulenstein

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chappers

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Mcdermott

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • Adkins

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Rosler

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Robinson

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Sven

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • R Garde

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Ole Gunnar

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Mowbray

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • McCoist

• Zola

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • Hughton

Votes: 44 9.4%
  • Clement

Votes: 18 3.8%
  • Hantz

• Clough

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • A N Other

Votes: 23 4.9%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They can still demand 4-4-2, and Route One...
Surely 4-4-2 is the default setting for a tried and tested, route one, jumpers for goalposts, English manager.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Forget Pulis, if we were in the PL I'd say yes. In the Championship Hoddle or Atkins (don't rule him out)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Steve Bruce could be available if Hull have a bad Christmas......

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't get this Pulis thing the guy would want to change the whole squad.
We really are not Pulis ready.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes! NEW MANAGER SPECULATION TIME!

This has to be my FAVOURITE time for a stunning cocktail of football fan NONSENSE-TALK mixed with just a dash of cliche-driven drivel.

Let's get the basics out the way now:

It doesn't MATTER how amazing or rubbish they were in their last job. It's literally no barometer for how they will fair here. No doubt names will be mentioned met with various "not good enough for us". Well, sorry to ruin it but PLENTY of managers do bad at one club and then GREAT at their next.....hence them previously being out of work in the first place.

Who's top of the championship at the moment? Oh yeah. Eddie Howe who had 11 points in 10 games when he left Burnley having shown he "couldn't cut it" at a higher level.

Who else is up there? Mark Warburton? He's just some coach. Never manager before. Can't work.
Who's that bloke at the team who play the best footy in the league? Steve Mclaren? The bloke who was useless at England an Wolfsburg where he had the best players he's ever had access to?

Well, at least there are no FOREIGNERS up there because you need TRIED AND TESTED BRITISH who KNOW THIS LEAGUE. Oh, Aitor Karanka who has never manager before or coached/played in this country.

Bizarre.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't get this Pulis thing the guy would want to change the whole squad.
We really are not Pulis ready.

Fully agree far too many technical players and not enough 6ft+ players. No doubt both the upper west and east stands would be supportive as the ball would spend far more time in their eyeline.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Funny how few people can take on board the fact that Stoke's style changed as they developed and consolidated into a Premier side, after having initially scrapped and 'long-balled' it to maintain that status.

No, I don't think realistically that we can get Pulis, but would take him like a shot if it became possible.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Chris Hughton would be the leading candidate for me. Excellent record at this level & fits the mould the club want ... Not too outspoken, very nice guy but commands respect.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
what a truly appaling list of candidates

theres real, real problems with everybody on that list - so now we are rummaging through the bargain basement for some bang-average manager who won't improve anything

the only person who might get the job done is pulis, who would never come here. all the others that have been voted highly have only been because they are english, even though they are all crap

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Chris Hughton would be the leading candidate for me. Excellent record at this level & fits the mould the club want ... Not too outspoken, very nice guy but commands respect.
Dull and uninspiring football while at Norwich though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here