Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9 Games Left - Loan Striker?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'll buy that, especially if it 's against Derby. So, to recap, I think BZ will play about another 5 mins this season, during which he'll secure us automatic promotion with a last-minute winner against Derby [emoji3]

I would settle for that if the rest have done the donkey work and it is sorted against Derby

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Only Birmingham strengthened by bringing in Kyle Lafferty a striker. The top 4 excluding us have adequate capable cover in the important positions. We have scant cover that is 100% fit.

Out of interest, who are Burnley and Hull's fifth choice strikers?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Out of interest, who are Burnley and Hull's fifth choice strikers?

Not a a case of 5th choice more 4 fit and capable.as is the needs of most clubs. We do not have that we have 2 and 2 others of which 1 can only do less than 45 mins. the 2nd one is taken off as a precaution against hamstring problems most games.but is efficient when actually on the pitch but never completes 90 mins for whatever reason.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Only if we've been promoted. If we haven't, we can forget these stupid threads and turn our attention to the transfer window.

Damn, wish we'd signed a loan striker now. If only we could score a few more goals.....just nine in last two games suggests a real problem in that department!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Biddles, you are being facetious. Imagine for a moment if we had got in a loan striker. We'd undoubtedly be much higher up the goals scored table this season, perhaps we'd even be TOP of that list!!! Oh. Hang on. ;)

Being fair, obviously our four recent games scoring 4+ have made a huge impact on the number, but the reality remains that there is no certainty that bringing in a different striker, or even another LB would have had a positive impact. It could have gone either way, so there is no use looking back now and saying what should or shouldn't have happened. We are in an amazing position and our destiny is in our hands.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How about a cheeky loan bid for Chris Benteke from Liverpool. Surplus to requirements at Anfield, not getting on with his coach and causing friction in the squad. Would want some football before the Euro's so looks a good match all round for me.

Chris Benteke interesting Bournemouth if they lose Callum Wilson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here