Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

9/11 Fancy Dress - Too soon?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Agreed. Whilst tasteless and inadvisable, I think it is ridiculous and irresponsible to publish their names and (pretty much) their addresses.

Quite. I feel a bit sorry for teenagers these days. Every, ill advised but essentially harmless thing they do can be on computer screens all over the globe within minutes. Christ, I dread to think what life would have been like if everyone had camera phones when I was a teen. I never did anything too bad but certainly enough to turn me red faced if it was on the net! In many ways our generation got off lightly considering some of the drunken tales I've seen posted on here over the years!

What they did was a bit insensitive but I can't remember hearing any complaints regarding Dads army which makes fun of WW2, Blackadder goes forth, Mel Brooks' Hitler rap, The Producers and may be the most insulting was The Dictator helicopter scene.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What they did was a bit insensitive but I can't remember hearing any complaints regarding Dads army which makes fun of WW2, Blackadder goes forth, Mel Brooks' Hitler rap, The Producers and may be the most insulting was The Dictator helicopter scene.

Dad's army and blackadder 4 don't make fun of the wars; they're just set in them. In fact they're both very respectful.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Dad's army and blackadder 4 don't make fun of the wars; they're just set in them. In fact they're both very respectful.

Exactly.

I can't see how anyone could watch the ending of Blackadder Goes Forth and see it as making fun of anything.

I've never seen a programme switch from comedy to drama (from when Captain Darling arrives at the front) as memorably and as brilliantly as that before or since.

TV genius and no disrespect whatsoever.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'll sum up the thread before it gets going:

Reply 1: "People wouldn't laugh if they knew somebody who died in the attack."
Reply 2: "FFS People need to lighten up. They're just having a laugh."
Reply 3: "I'd do them both!"
Reply 4: A mention of a Consipiracy theory.
Reply 5: Comparisson of 9/11 to another global tragedy that we should care more about.

Well predicted. I am reply 5. The global tragedy in question being the assurred, fat, middle aged or older, NSC onanists stating reply 3.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

This was very respectful of WWI. See the last episode.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here