Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8th ? , Conference (7th), or Europa (6th)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ha ! i never bet either but for FUN ! - the bookmakers seemingly fancy us ! Odds on for 6th..

brighton.png

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Realistically I feel that 2 wins from our remaining games would be enough to guarantee at least 7th. You have to fancy Villa to lose at Liverpool next weekend meaning that if they beat us they would be on 60 points. So if we could get a win at either Arsenal or Newcastle then a win at home to Southampton would hopefully will do the trick. Failing that - 1 win and 3 draws is the alternative. The same haul could also be enough to secure 6th because the way Spurs are playing I can’t see them getting anything more than 2 draws in their remaining games. I really don’t want to go to Villa needing a win - they are such a bogey side for us.

The other scenario is, based on the thinking that Villa lose at Liverpool, we beat Southampton and if we lose against Arsenal, Newcastle & City (not conceding loads of goals) then a draw at Villa would be enough !

Last edited:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Even 1 win and 2 draws should be enough if Tottenham and Villa finish on 60 points, considering our goal difference.
It's all a matter of will we get those results from our upcoming games.
Without stating the obvious, the Southampton match is absolutely huge and a must win game. It’s great that they no longer have anything to play for. 2 draws are more than possible from our other games.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
That was the case before last weekend, of course. Didn't go well.
No it didn’t go well at all - but I’d like to think we’ll have learned from that and we’re not going to be playing teams in our remaining games that play Dyche tactics !

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If - big if - we beat Arsenal tomorrow, and Man City win tomorrow and next weekend, does our game with City become a dead rubber for them?

Might be useful.
Didn't we have a similar situation a few seasons back. Man City with the title already wrapped up late in the season? And they still kicked the crap out of us?

I don't think Man City are going to phone it in regardless.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Didn't we have a similar situation a few seasons back. Man City with the title already wrapped up late in the season? And they still kicked the crap out of us?

I don't think Man City are going to phone it in regardless.
Small difference in that they might be in a Champions League final.

I think everything will be a lot clearer this time next weekend.

We just need to focus on 5 points from 5 games which should be enough to get us European football.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Going to go down to the final game v Villa, both teams need a point to guarantee some form of European footy next season and it's bye bye Spuds,shame.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I think we will sneak 7th but secretly I don't want us in Europe next season - with the possibility of losing some of our better players I think it would be a step too far at the moment. I would prefer 8th and another good crack at the League and domestic cups next season.
Would say personally live in the moment and the time. No guarantees next season we will be as good no matter what or certain clubs will be so bad. Injuries and unforeseen other circumstances may mean that isn’t a possibility. I’d take any European place any day if the week right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here