Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 8pm Boxing Day KO Is An Utter Disgrace And Kick In Teeth To Proper Fans

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The PL sold its soul years ago to the TV Companies.

It brings in so much Revenue from around the world. Footballers are no more than " performance bears " now. Although very well remunerated " performance bears "

At the New Den you get to see football at 3pm on a Saturday.

An ever distant memory for Amex regulars. Chasing the dollar.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Not a peep by the club kicking against the pricks of Sky Sports.

Shows where the club's bottom line and loyalty lies.

Sad :nono:

Who picked the time? Sky or the Premier League when they sold the various packages? I suspect it’s actually the latter, that The Premier League sold Sky an 8pm Boxing Day slot. In which case it would explain the club not being in a position to complain.

Also the attendance tomorrow should drive the point home.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
At the New Den you get to see football at 3pm on a Saturday.

An ever distant memory for Amex regulars. Chasing the dollar.

Millwall match has been postponed I think. Millwall chasing the Dollar as well now. I was gonna do Corporate for the Cup match v Palace but they want £160 per person.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
First world problems.

Roll the clock back to May 3, 1997, an hour gone. Losing 1-0, heading out of the league, legalised crooks for owners, no ground, no money, no hope. Next stop Gillingham.

Today we worry that the kick off time(s) make it hard to get to games. Doesn’t make it right but I think most of us would have taken that as our biggest concern 24 years, 7 months and 23 days later.

Merry Christmas to you all!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Pretty sure Graham Potter spoke out about the kick off time and gave his opinion on it

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Indeed …. Like it or not we are Skys bitch in the PL in return for £120M. Same as we were in the EFL. I’m sure we had an 11.30am kick off once ? As well as many 12pm kick offs

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I'm looking forward to it. Will be there +3

Bit of an affront though and understand the sentiment. We've been shafted, if it goes ahead.

Bit of a pisstake though for sure.

Jimmy Grimble

Indeed …. Like it or not we are Skys bitch in the PL in return for £120M. Same as we were in the EFL. I’m sure we had an 11.30am kick off once ? As well as many 12pm kick offs

We did. Away at Cardiff the year before we got promoted. But scarcely any of the moaners were bothered then because it didn’t affect their ST and they still got to watch the Albion on Sky.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
First world problems.

Roll the clock back to May 3, 1997, an hour gone. Losing 1-0, heading out of the league, legalised crooks for owners, no ground, no money, no hope. Next stop Gillingham.

Today we worry that the kick off time(s) make it hard to get to games. Doesn’t make it right but I think most of us would have taken that as our biggest concern 24 years, 7 months and 23 days later.

Merry Christmas to you all!!

This.

And Christmas dinner today was absolutely ruined because the swede puree was at a slightly lower temperature than the sprouts. ???

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve accepted that this is the promised land.

Like it or lump it ?

I might well be lumping it next season but hey….

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

sky should complain. That would mean BT sport and Amazon get it for free.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
:facepalm:

Seriously?
I honestly think fans of many teams wouldn’t be happy with the kick off time on Boxing Day, even more so if their stadium was well out of the city centre with no trains and hardly any parking.

Yeah seriously. I absolutely accept that if you haven't got a car and can't get to Brighton Station then it's tricky and transport is an issue but let's face it few Brighton fans are die-hard nowadays. I include myself in these by the way but if it's not the kick off time then it's Covid, holidays, parking, trains, the ticket share system, the style of football, the lack of atmosphere, mobile tickets, the expense or bottle tops it seems like a lot of us are looking for reasons not to go and the joy some fans take in pronouncing that they won't be going and that the attendance will be low does my head in at times. Plenty of issues at the moment but boy do we like a whinge.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But we are "customers" so have every right to be royally ripped off by all and sundry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here