Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8 for under 21's FRIENDLY

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If memory serves from only a year or two back, used to be £8-£10 to watch the first team play Worthing at Woodside. Was always on a Saturday, the sun always shone and those who liked that kind of thing used to strut around pleased as peacocks in their first outing for the new season shirt. And now it's £8 to watch what we'd call in the olden days 'Albion Reserves'? Sake!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If memory serves from only a year or two back, used to be £8-£10 to watch the first team play Worthing at Woodside. Was always on a Saturday, the sun always shone and those who liked that kind of thing used to strut around pleased as peacocks in their first outing for the new season shirt. And now it's £8 to watch what we'd call in the olden days 'Albion Reserves'? Sake!

We used to give Worthing a friendly match in return for us using their ground for our reserve games. Then we switched to Lancing.

We don't have any say in what Worthing charge for THEIR games.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We used to give Worthing a friendly match in return for us using their ground for our reserve games. Then we switched to Lancing.

We don't have any say in what Worthing charge for THEIR games.

Fair enough. Worthing is missing a trick tho IMHO. They'd have a HUGE turnout v BHAFC first team, same as they always did in the past. Locally, BHAFC reserves is no big deal. Especially when most folks still regard Crawley as a non-league friendly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fair enough. Worthing is missing a trick tho IMHO. They'd have a HUGE turnout v BHAFC first team, same as they always did in the past. Locally, BHAFC reserves is no big deal. Especially when most folks still regard Crawley as a non-league friendly.

This.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£8 is taking the piss.

You'd have to pay me a least double that to watch the U21s vs Worthing.

What?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

I'd have probably gone along with a couple mates if tickets were a fiver each. Missed out on a potential £40-50 once we'd had a couple drinks and food..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't recall ever going to something called 'Culver Road'. Might be going head-mental tho, hard to be sure either way :dunce:

Lancing. I don't think you did go there. You hardly went to reserve games when they were at Worthing, in any case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing. I don't think you did go there. You hardly went to reserve games when they were at Worthing, in any case.

Never knowingly been to Lancing in me life guvnor.

Was however present at one or more iconic games @ Worthing where 1) THREE Albion/Ex-Albion managers were present in the same room (Adams/Mcghee/Taylor) and another game where CKR got sold at half-time and DK's grand-kid was going 'Colin! where are you going Colin' and CKR to his credit said 'Sorry mate, gotta go now'. Great days. Seemed like a real club. Far cry from going to the Amex where it seems more and more like booking into a Jury's Inn, with none of the efficiency or humanity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here