Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

63rd minute applause for Patrick Knockaert

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's already something going around amongst Villa fans to honour some young (Villa supporting) lad who was knocked down & killed up there recently.

I know we willingly joined in with the applause for the young Preston kid too, but it's starting to happen every week now. I've no wish to be unsympathetic, and I have every respect for people's feelings in such circumstances, but where does it end? Statistically, people associated with every club must die ever week, and I'm not sure how or where we draw the line now.

I think (re M.Knockaert Snr) we let AK get on with it now. He'll be emotional enough next time he scores: we can support him then, and throughout games, without needing to make a particular event of it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Social media's fault. People need to be seen to be doing something and to let people know they're doing it.

"If you don't click 'like' and 'share'on Facebook, you want that little girl to die of cancer."

Couldn't agree more.

Also get fed up with people sharing crap stories that aren't true and they can't be arsed to check.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Sorry but this has to stop. Shoreham, Rembrance Day are different but this constant applauding of folk I do know is not for me. I am 75 so presumably wil pop my clogs sooner rather than later. The last thing I would want is my family to suggest my ugly mug appears on the big screens and you lot have to clap for a minute. It's a football Match not a flipping church . It's never been the same since Diana hysteria.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So are we filing this in the 'maybe' tray?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So AK dad, the palace tram victims and this young villa lad ? Is there anymore we can add in

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some people just don't know when to stop to the point of intrusion. If I were AK I would want Friday to be as normal as possible concentrate and get the three points.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
When I go to the great Goldstone Ground in the sky I want a minutes swearing in my memory. If the Amex doesn't sound like a well attended Tourettes seminar I'm coming back to haunt you all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here