Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5th?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think, until we have a squad sufficient to compete both domestically and in Europe, 9th or 10th wouldn't be too disappointing next season. Teams like Chelsea and Spurs will improve, unfortunately. Bottom three for me will be Wolves 18th, Bournemouth 19th and rock bottom will be Crystal Palace! :D
Can’t see Luton being outside the bottom three

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think, until we have a squad sufficient to compete both domestically and in Europe, 9th or 10th wouldn't be too disappointing next season. Teams like Chelsea and Spurs will improve, unfortunately. Bottom three for me will be Wolves 18th, Bournemouth 19th and rock bottom will be Crystal Palace! :D
I think Bournemouth will surprise a few this season and be mid table. Surely Luton and Sheffield United in the bottom three?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Well staying up is the main thing every season and the first target so don’t consider it ‘pure bollocks’ myself. Top half should always be the aim now of course, but staying in the league is the main aim to start for me.
Exactly this. Its REALLY easy with a few injuries and a bit of bad luck coupled with extra games in Europe to maybe start badly and get sucked in to a relegation battle. I don't expect it to happen but it could. Doesn't mean we can't aim high and I'm sure RDZ and Bloom are hoping to match last season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
First sentence is fair enough. The second is pure bollocks.

Fair enough to expect a drop off but we are not expecting to flirt with relegation.
I bet West Ham weren't either, but maybe that's the price teams pay for European football? The unknown is how much of a strain it will be on the squad – this is unknown territory!

I'm not sure 'decent enough' is the right way of looking at it, but 40 points is certainly the first target I'll be concentrating on. #TrustTheTracker

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Bournemouth will surprise a few this season and be mid table. Surely Luton and Sheffield United in the bottom three?
Yes bmuff making some smart signings with a forward thinking manager. Could be half decent. They were excellent at the amex last season.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Nah

Kuluvesvki , bissouma , Romero , kane , son, Richarlson , Solomon, Madison.

They've probably got a better starting line up than us !
There is absolutely not a chance that their starting line up is better than ours. Not having that at all. Other than Kane and Romero, who gets into our starting 11?

They also have an untested manager and a load of dead wood in their squad. I think us, villa, the other big 5 and Newcastle all finish above them, that would put them 9th at best and that’s without the usual surprise package like Brentford or Fulham.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
We have a massive squad, though a bit light on senior experience at LB/RB, and some of those who’ve played in pre-season are perhaps not ready for anything more than bit part roles.

Nonetheless, I’ve confidence in both the management and the ownership.

I don’t want to lose any more senior players this window, even though we all know that Boehly is going to wait until the end of the window to decide he does want Caicedo after all.

I’m expecting a drop in league position this season, based purely on our complete inexperience of competing in Europe. Survive this season with our PL status intact (which I like to hope we will without too much anxiety) and future Euro campaigns won’t seem quite as daunting. My expectations (for the league at least) this season are low.

el punal

Who are these expert staticians predicting Chelsea to finish on 49 points, us above MU, and Brentford on 59 points above Spurs, Villa and Chelsea? Imo very unlikely those 3 will happen. Chelsea will be miles better next season and tough for the likes of us to finish above let alone Brentford; MU will improve again under Ten Hag; surely Brentford with their bash street kids style football will drop off; and we have Europe to play in so 5th is very unlikely imo. Expert staticians my arse!
As an expert statistician I regret to inform you that I have no wish to go anywhere near your arse. :drink:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
If some of our new players are as good as we dare to think they are, if Caicedo stays, and if we don't make too many silly mistakes at the back (we will always make some), I reckon we're going to be an incredibly exciting team and I can see us picking up a lot of points, especially away from home where teams will attack us more.

If it all comes together, I reckon RDZ will be looking at top four, without a doubt. It could happen.

This post will be deleted when Luton put four past us at the Amex in a couple of weeks.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Happy for a run in Europe, knocked out by a real big team by 1 goal, along with a top half in the league. But person not mention here is RDZ. What if he gets tempted away?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
5th would seem to be a decent final position to aim for as a mid-range target.

What I would really like to see are the internal objectives shared around the club. The ones that are not for public consumption, but which development plans will be based on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that table is optimistic for us and very optimistic for Brentford and Spurs, espeoially if Harry leaves.
Unfortunately it is too pessimistic for Villa and Chelsea. I also expect Forest to be mid table in their second season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Everton will go down I think .
They will do the usual. Stink out the bottom of the Prem, then stay up on the last day of the season. Them's the rules.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There is absolutely not a chance that their starting line up is better than ours. Not having that at all. Other than Kane and Romero, who gets into our starting 11?

They also have an untested manager and a load of dead wood in their squad. I think us, villa, the other big 5 and Newcastle all finish above them, that would put them 9th at best and that’s without the usual surprise package like Brentford or Fulham.
Think you're a bit deluded if you don't think son, bissouma or Madison wouldn't get in our team. Richarlson was one of the best attackers in the league before he moved to spurs.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Think you're a bit deluded if you don't think son, bissouma or Madison wouldn't get in our team. Richarlson was one of the best attackers in the league before he moved to spurs.
So bissouma starts over Caicedo? Son starts over Mitoma after his performances last season? Who does Madison play instead of? Pedro?
Just because they are signed for Spurs does not make them better players. But whatever fits your strange anti-Brighton agenda

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here