Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5th?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
5th wouldn't be bad, but I believe we'll do better.
Here's what the expert statisticians are predicting:

Man City 85 points
Arsenal 76
Newcastle 75
Livepool 69
Brighton 67
Man Utd 64
Brentford 59
Spurs 59
A Villa 54
Chelsea 49
Fulham 48
West Ham 48
C Palace 46
Burnley 41
Everton 39
Wolves 37
Nottm F 37
Sheffield Utd 36
Bournemouth 35
Luton 30

I like the fact that they've got us finishing above Man U. That's going to annoy a lot of people.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City

Man City 85 points
Arsenal 76
Newcastle 75
Livepool 69
Brighton 67
Man Utd 64
Brentford 59
Spurs 59
A Villa 54
Chelsea 49
Fulham 48
West Ham 48
C Palace 46
Burnley 41
Everton 39
Wolves 37
Nottm F 37
Sheffield Utd 36
Bournemouth 35
Luton 30

I like the fact that they've got us finishing above Man U. That's going to annoy a lot of people.
Champions League, eh?

There‘s no way Chelsea will finish on only 49 points.

Seagull Stew

I think, until we have a squad sufficient to compete both domestically and in Europe, 9th or 10th wouldn't be too disappointing next season. Teams like Chelsea and Spurs will improve, unfortunately. Bottom three for me will be Wolves 18th, Bournemouth 19th and rock bottom will be Crystal Palace! :D

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Who are these expert staticians predicting Chelsea to finish on 49 points, us above MU, and Brentford on 59 points above Spurs, Villa and Chelsea? Imo very unlikely those 3 will happen. Chelsea will be miles better next season and tough for the likes of us to finish above let alone Brentford; MU will improve again under Ten Hag; surely Brentford with their bash street kids style football will drop off; and we have Europe to play in so 5th is very unlikely imo. Expert staticians my arse!

Brok

Bork. I meant Bork.
Dec 26, 2011
I think, until we have a squad sufficient to compete both domestically and in Europe, 9th or 10th wouldn't be too disappointing next season. Teams like Chelsea and Spurs will improve, unfortunately. Bottom three for me will be Wolves 18th, Bournemouth 19th and rock bottom will be Crystal Palace! :D
I would be delighted with 9th or 10th. Next season will be much harder than last.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Who are these expert staticians predicting Chelsea to finish on 49 points, us above MU, and Brentford on 59 points above Spurs, Villa and Chelsea? Imo very unlikely those 3 will happen. Chelsea will be miles better next season and tough for the likes of us to finish above let alone Brentford; MU will improve again under Ten Hag; surely Brentford with their bash street kids style football will drop off; and we have Europe to play in so 5th is very unlikely imo. Expert staticians my arse!
Chelsea have got a striker. Not sure there’s much else about them that suggests instantaneous massive improvement. They’ve offloaded a lot of experience and now have a huge amount of unproven talent - players who will quickly come under massive pressure if they don’t perform: not an atmosphere that’s conducive to development like Brighton. It could go either way.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
It’s these sort of unrealistic predictions after a successful season that undo a club and a fanbase. Whilst I don’t think the club have overstretch themselves and dreamed big too soon, I’m worried about the fans getting on the players backs after some bad results and making things worse.

Whilst I think we CAN finish 5th I think that’s unlikely. 7th should be the target but 8th-9th is the realistic outcome with the amount of competitions we’ll be in.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Some people waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy way way way too confident after last season. 17th+ is still decent enough!

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
I’ll also add that RDZ tactics last season shocked the league and teams didn’t know how to deal with it. This season I suspect we’ll be found out more, teams will find a way to nullify our build up. I suspect RDZ is already working on this, we may see more of those Steele>Adringa goals.

Either way, that alone will negatively affect our league position

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Man City 85 points
Arsenal 76
Newcastle 75
Livepool 69
Brighton 67
Man Utd 64
Brentford 59
Spurs 59
A Villa 54
Chelsea 49
Fulham 48
West Ham 48
C Palace 46
Burnley 41
Everton 39
Wolves 37
Nottm F 37
Sheffield Utd 36
Bournemouth 35
Luton 30

Where is that prediction from - and who are these 'expert statisticians? Because it looks absolute bobbins. Don't get me wrong, I'd take it, but just can't see that happening.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Top 10 with a European run would be a fantastic result this season.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Chelsea and Villa will do a lot better and Palace without Zaha will be in relegation battle

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Another competitive season claiming a European spot would be incredible. Several of the 'top 6' will have a transitional season and may struggle for consistency. We possibly have the 5th best starting 11 but the lack of experience of European fixtures could zap out energy levels and the need for rotation could play a large factor

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We are in a very interesting place going into this season.
We know it's going to be a real stretch remaining competitive in four competitions without a City-style squad packed with multimillion pound internationals, and I agree with some of the posters on this thread that a Top 10 finish plus good progress in Europe or at least one of the Cups would be an amazing result.

However, bear in mind that ...
– RDZ targeted Champions League last season. He's hardly going to aim for less this season.
– We have a stack of highly talented players and lots of youngsters who are only going to improve
– We have the benefit of an RDZ pre-season
– Yes, we've lost Macca and may still yet lose Moises (though looking increasingly unlikely) but we've added Pedro, Dahoud, Igor, Milner, Verbruggen and we may not be done yet. Plus we've got Alzate back, and Simon Adingra is about to be unleashed
– Up and coming young players like Hinshelwood, Turns, Moran, Peupion etc will give us flexibility and quality

We are building experience, gaining strength in depth, and mixing it up with mercurial talent (Enciso, Buonanotte, Ferguson, Ayari, Mitoma, Adingra, Pedro), consistent performers (Dunk, Veltman, Estupinian, Gross, March, Steele) and seasoned vets (Milner, Lallana, Wellbeck). If we keep Caicedo and he continues to play at his level, we have a much stronger squad than last season.

Can we improve on 6th? it's a big ask, with Europe too.
But we have the potential :cool:
Exciting times indeed :albion2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some people waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy way way way too confident after last season. 17th+ is still decent enough!
First sentence is fair enough. The second is pure bollocks.

Fair enough to expect a drop off but we are not expecting to flirt with relegation.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Realistically top 10 combined with a good cup run or two will be a good season . Top 10 & winning a cup would be a brilliant season !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
First sentence is fair enough. The second is pure bollocks.

Fair enough to expect a drop off but we are not expecting to flirt with relegation.
Well staying up is the main thing every season and the first target so don’t consider it ‘pure bollocks’ myself. Top half should always be the aim now of course, but staying in the league is the main aim to start for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here