Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 5th Investec Test: England v India at The Oval, Aug 15-19, 2014

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Is it just me, or does anyone else automatically get suspicious when a side collapses like this nowadays?

Anyway, Aggers on TMS: "There's one grumpy-looking pigeon who's always by himself. I'm going to call it Geoffrey."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm very pleased for Woakes. I've always rated him, and hoped he would turn some pretty steady seaming into wickets.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Disgraceful from India, they've shown no appetite for test cricket. If they had their way instead of playing five tests we'd have had 25 one day internationals.

Sadly for test cricket, I think you are 100% right there.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is it just me, or does anyone else automatically get suspicious when a side collapses like this nowadays?

Anyway, Aggers on TMS: "There's one grumpy-looking pigeon who's always by himself. I'm going to call it Geoffrey."

Not really, although I do get suspicious of the appetite for test cricket in some nations.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Disgraceful from India, they've shown no appetite for test cricket. If they had their way instead of playing five tests we'd have had 25 one day internationals.

I was thinking and typing the same thing when I saw your entry. Totally agree.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I love the TMS commentary.

I think if it were certain teams I'd be suspicious, but I think Indian players have too much too lose. They can earn serious money playing international cricket for India or IPL and it wouldn't be worth the money to risk getting caught spot betting/match fixing.I know there are some Indain players who have in the past, Sreesanth springs to mind, but he was out of the test team and didn't look like getting back. Also I genuinely like Dhoni, and think he plays the game with the right spirit, I think I'd lose complete faith if he was involved in something.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Another for Jordan... first ball of a new spell... Kumar slashing at a wide loosener... nicks it through to a tumbling Buttler...

79-8

CJ 6.1 - 4 - 7 - 3

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh dear, that was a village dismissal.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hopefully they will get past the hundred mark. Double figure first innings totals look so ugly.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Wickets being shared around now. No bowler has been 'outstanding', India have just been woeful.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tea on Day One

India 125-9 (56 overs)

Pitiful effort against the moving ball from the top order and spineless from the middle order.

Skipper MS Dhoni 65* and Ishant Sharma 2* have put on 35 runs for the 10th wicket.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Dhoni 78* and Sharma 7* are making it look easy out there!

53 partnership for the 10th wicket and counting. :clap2:

143-9 (60.1 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
India 148 all out (61.1 overs)

MS Dhoni caught deep backward square pulling Broad.... for 82 from 140 balls, 15 fours, 1 six and 55% of the total.

Anderson 17-4-51-2
Broad 15.1-4-27-2
Jordan 14-7-32-3
Woakes 14-7-30-3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here