Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 5th Investec Test: England v India at The Oval, Aug 15-19, 2014

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought this paragaph in the I today was pretty telling

Dhoni was as phlegmatic as ever today. He had taken a day off on Wednesday, missing practice, which seemed odd with his side in apparent disarray. “It was personal,” he said. “That’s why it was a day off. I felt like taking a day off and I took one.”

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
FIVE down!

Murali Vijay caught at close in 4th slip on the second attempt by Root... a first wicket for Chris Woakes

36-5

Bugger - I've got a ticket for Sunday :nono:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The procession continues.

Vijay c Root b Woakes 18

36/5

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
FIVE down!

Murali Vijay caught at close in 4th slip on the second attempt by Root... a first wicket for Chris Woakes

36-5

Bugger - I've got a ticket for Sunday :nono:

You'll be alright, in fact it with a bit of luck it'll be like the 4th test. You'll get to see India chase a big total and get bowled out in the day.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another fine India performance.........

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Interesting review of a yorkshire match on Cricinfo, they talk to Tim Bresnan and he says he feels ready for an England comeback. What do others think? I've always liked Bresnan, someone who can bowl for long spells and tie the batsmen up when he's not taking wickets. I also didn't realise he was only 29, I thought he was older. With that in mind I think he's still got a part to play.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2014/content/story/767845.html

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Interesting review of a yorkshire match on Cricinfo, they talk to Tim Bresnan and he says he feels ready for an England comeback. What do others think? I've always liked Bresnan, someone who can bowl for long spells and tie the batsmen up when he's not taking wickets. I also didn't realise he was only 29, I thought he was older. With that in mind I think he's still got a part to play.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cricket-2014/content/story/767845.html

If Bresnan has his old zip back, he's our 3rd seamer. All day long.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
To be honest I thought he'd a long term injury and thats why he'd lost his zip. I don't know why I thought that, must have confused it with something else. But if he's back to full fitness and like you say has his zip back, it's exciting thinking he'll be back in the side.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Disgraceful from India, they've shown no appetite for test cricket. If they had their way instead of playing five tests we'd have had 25 one day internationals.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jimmy Anderson continues the magic after lunch... one in and then one away... Binny nicks an easy catch for Cook at first slip.

44-6

Simply awful from India.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Didn't take long after lunch

Binny c Cook b Anderson 5

India 44/6

Absolute shambles. Reckon they'll be all out before tea for less than three figures

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
50 up for India

:clap2: :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ROOOOT takes a good low catch at a close 4th slip off Woakes...and Ashwin perishes.

68-7... yes, SEVEN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here