Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£50m to be spent on Smellhurst.....

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
All piss taking aside what are the plans? I'm guessing the Holmesdale stand is staying as it is and that each stand will then be rebuilt one at a time, or are they planning on doing the work all at once? what about the Sainsbury's?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
All piss taking aside what are the plans? I'm guessing the Holmesdale stand is staying as it is and that each stand will then be rebuilt one at a time, or are they planning on doing the work all at once? what about the Sainsbury's?

Old Stand first apparently, then the Whitehorse , move away fans into there, then the Arthur.
No timescale ATM, but hope something's announced on the back of the new investment.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Where will the statue for Alan Mullery go?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Old Stand first apparently, then the Whitehorse , move away fans into there, then the Arthur.
No timescale ATM, but hope something's announced on the back of the new investment.

Obviously you must be very pleased at all these possibilities and your current position in the Prem. Yes, we piss take but, good luck to you. Hope it is spent wisely and you never shaft another business again!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Obviously you must be very pleased at all these possibilities and your current position in the Prem. Yes, we piss take but, good luck to you. Hope it is spent wisely and you never shaft another business again!

Thanks.
We have the right people running things, hopefully we never have to see those dark days again.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
If done right it could be a good old school stadium, big individual stands ect. Be prepared for the NIMBY'S to make life difficult regarding planning.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
If done right it could be a good old school stadium, big individual stands ect. Be prepared for the NIMBY'S to make life difficult regarding planning.

That's always a danger, but hopefully we'll get the green light.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Forgetting it's the home of the scum, I quite like it as a good old fashioned football ground, can't argue that there is no atmosphere, which imo has helped them in games, Liverpool a couple of seasons ago for example.think if it was my teams ground, I would be concerned that any development would impact the atmosphere.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Forgetting it's the home of the scum, I quite like it as a good old fashioned football ground, can't argue that there is no atmosphere, which imo has helped them in games, Liverpool a couple of seasons ago for example.think if it was my teams ground, I would be concerned that any development would impact the atmosphere.

I think the danger it not the re development, but getting established in the PL.
Being the underdog suits us,

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Thanks.
We have the right people running things, hopefully we never have to see those dark days again.

And that is what pisses me off ,you havnt had dark days FFS we ended at the bottom of the 3rd division with no ground ,you lot had 20 ultras running about selhurst saying look at us ill light another flair pathetic

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And that is what pisses me off ,you havnt had dark days FFS we ended at the bottom of the 3rd division with no ground ,you lot had 20 ultras running about selhurst saying look at us ill light another flair pathetic

I won't start on the grammar with this one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The atmosphere was awful last time at Selhurst. Some GOON banging a godforsaken drum drowning out everything else.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bit of constructive building can solve that - look at Fulham. They presumably won't need a massive capacity so it will surely be a case of just upgrading what is there?

Craven Cottage is way, way better than Selhurst. Nice location, great pubs, genuinely lovely old ground (as opposed to an almost entirely disgusting old ground), clean toilets, probably my favourite away ground.

It'll be a real shame if Palace lose the sheds, the lean-tos, the derelict conservatory, the seedy little discotheque & the supermarket that currently appear to make up the main frontage of the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here