Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 5 year deal reported.....

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379404 said:
Read Post #23, no patience was required on Boehly's part

True, but he didn;t win the World Series till his fith attempt...but yes it does help being Divisional Champs...I get you.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, if you're going to walk out on my club, I'm afraid you can forget about any credit in the bank.

That is one take you can have obviously. Hopefully Dunk and March stays forever then, allowing you to appreciate some of the people who has been in the club.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Well, if you're going to walk out on my club, I'm afraid you can forget about any credit in the bank.

he's probably going to end up with a huge amount of credit in the bank...... millions and millions whether he is a success or failure.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I don't actually think Tuchel was ever the long term manager post take over - I thinks Potter was always their man.

The latest champions league result was the trigger to get it done now early, they are bringing in a DOF so indicates Potter and a long term strategy is Chelsea's way forward
They have seen the way BHA have handled things over the last few years and said we want some of that. The way we find and conduct transfers and the progress of players is the envie of the PL and maybe Chelsea can't keep spending zillions of players.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Literally means nothing though does it?

A 5 year contract even if GP was on 100k p/w would only be a 25m pay out, it’s nothing to the likes of the Chelsea owners, doesn’t show any commitment it’s just a worthless contract, at least Potter knows when he’s sacked after a year he’ll have a mahooosive pay out.

This is a risk for Chelsea as well, Potter has never managed a squad of big ego high profile players.

I'm struggling to see how a contract can be worth £25m and yet also be 'worthless' at the same time?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I hate all this Twitter led information before it's even happened crap. I kinda miss the days of Teletext and Club Call and just getting the information when it's been confirmed by the clubs

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Dave Sexton played for us and was a very talented player. If memory serves me correct scored a wonder goal with overhead kick.
Whilst a player he lived in Amberley Drive, Hove, A’s did I. Played football with his son who sadly took his life a few years ago
Last saw Dave Sexton when he was manager of Man U who were playing at Portman Road. Had a nice chat with him..

Before my time as a player butThe Drove flat is where he lived as Chelsea manager. Very approachable to us under the floodlights.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Well, he has gone now, so, yes, **** him. But, anyway....

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here