Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 5 year deal reported.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just announce it and then we can get an update on where we go now from the Albion.

I don't give a monkey's about Chelsea and Potter once the deal is announced

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Literally means nothing though does it?

A 5 year contract even if GP was on 100k p/w would only be a 25m pay out, it’s nothing to the likes of the Chelsea owners, doesn’t show any commitment it’s just a worthless contract, at least Potter knows when he’s sacked after a year he’ll have a mahooosive pay out.

This is a risk for Chelsea as well, Potter has never managed a squad of big ego high profile players.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Looks like he's got a long term deal then, so maybe Chelsea strategy has changed?

Change of strategy? Nonsense they'll just pay him off. Short change to them and Potter knows that if it all goes pear shaped as it will invariably will.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Only a decent, loyal manager would honour their deal.

Most never get the chance because they get sacked. It's not exactly an industry that encourages loyalty from either side.

I think fans believe some kind of utopia exists where players and managers don't move, and clubs only ever hire people they don't then sack. Fairy tales. Enough people who are voting **** you today voted for him to be sacked in the middle of March. It can't cut both ways.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can now join the Potter For England bandwagon.

:rock:

I stand by my opinion that Potter has no interest at all in that job at his stage in life, but I would love it Kevin Keegan style if he walked out on Chelsea in December to take it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like he's got a long term deal then, so maybe Chelsea strategy has changed?

Without wishing to pick on you, lots of people have been talking about Chelsea's hire-and-fire strategy despite there being absolutely no indication whether Boehly will continue in the same way Abramovich operates.

People may point to Tuchel's rapid sacking, but he was a manager inherited from the old regime and it seems the relationship has never been good. It's certainly not enough to suggest that Chelsea will continue to go through managers like the Tory party go through leaders.

Possibly the best clue comes from Boehly's ownership of the Dodgers, where Dave Roberts is currently the third-longest serving manager in baseball. That certainly doesn't suggest a lack of patience.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm hoping for a candidate to be identified and in attendance at Bournemouth before being unveiled as the new manager of the Premier League's top side

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here