Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 5 Subs to continue into 2020/21 season

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This.

It absolutely benefits the richest clubs, no question about it.

If they’re not playing well and/or the scoreline not going their way, they bring on half an outfield team of world class players.

Giving youth a chance is a smokescreen.

If this goes ahead I will be giving my local county club my money. Trying to watch a game that could stop10 times for subs in the second half, many tactical to break up the flow and waste time
... what a load of old s__t

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If this goes ahead I will be giving my local county club my money. Trying to watch a game that could stop10 times for subs in the second half, many tactical to break up the flow and waste time
... what a load of old s__t

Max 3 occasions though isn’t it.......?

The drinks breaks shouldn’t continue.......but they will. ‘Brought to you by Bet365/Gatorade/Jizz Energy Gels’ or whatever........

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
we defo benefited from 5 subs rule re wins against Arsenal and Norwich

expect we would be in favour of keeping this rule as gives us maximum tactical flexibility which Potter will be better than most at utilising to our benefit

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I see Fifa have sanctioned the continuation of the 5 subs rule into next season per BBC sport website :

Teams will be able to make five substitutions in a match until the end of the 2020-21 season after Fifa chose to extend the use of the rule.

World football's governing body says it is now up to individual leagues and competitions to decide if they wish to continue allowing five substitutions.

Will this become the new norm?

Will the 4 quarters approach continue too?

I thought I over heard on last night match they said the drinks breaks are here to stay?

Both rubbish ideas IMO.

Footballs greatest difference with other codes is that it flows far more freely, making it much easier on the eye. These decisions just introduce more/longer breaks in play. Wonder what they will use the media will pot these to..............all for the armchair fan rather than the real fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here