Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 points from 12 remaining & we are in Europe

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I predict that a single win will be enough with our GD. Villa are unliley to win at Anfield and Spurs will drop at least 2 points.
I agree, we can afford to lose to city, villa and newcastle and still we are most likely to come 6th (as long as we beats stains that is)

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
yes if we beat Southampton that puts us on 61 points regardless of what happens against Newcastle

If Spurs and/or Villa both draw on saturday they'll be on 58 meaning a maximum of 61 so with our vastly superior goal difference european football will be ours

It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that both of them will drop points on saturday

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Come on we can get something on Tyneside. Show this vid to the lads (serious lack of away fans at this one).

One of my old time favourite smash and grabs

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If (sorry when... we make Europe) I feel this is massive for the club and the City of Brighton & Hove and FAR exceeds promotion to the PL. Regardless if no club has ever done this before I think an open-top bus tour of the City of Brighton and Hove is in order. By the players not fans on a tourist open-top bus that is!
Don’t give the Palace trolls ammunition please.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Everyone is probably bored with these sort of questions but…..

Am I right in thinking that if Man Utd drop out of the top 4, then 7th place will still qualify as Utd won the league cup or whatever it’s called now?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Am I right in thinking that if Man Utd drop out of the top 4, then 7th place will still qualify as Utd won the league cup or whatever it’s called now?
Yes 7th for the Europa conference that's my understanding.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
This - a heck of a lot of people assuming Spurs will take all 6 points they have left - I really doubt it will be the case.

yep, Brentford are more than capable of taking 1 or 3 points from that game. I'd be slightly surprised if Spurs win that to be honest

then away at Leeds with them almost definitely needing a win to survive....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This - a heck of a lot of people assuming Spurs will take all 6 points they have left - I really doubt it will be the case.
Exactly.

If Leeds need something, Elland Road will be rocking, fuelled by a pumped-up Fat Sam. There can't be many more Spursy environments for Spurs to be Spursy than that!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly.

If Leeds need something, Elland Road will be rocking, fuelled by a pumped-up Fat Sam. There can't be many more Spursy environments for Spurs to be Spursy than that!
Almost certain Leeds will need something too. Almost certain. (Unless forest draw or more v arsenal and Everton win and Leeds lose)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Normally I’m really positive but the Southampton game is a very real banana skin. Even pushing the Everton game out of my mind the fact that none of the games, since we were promoted to the PL, between us and Saints have seen a home win obliterates any optimism I have for the match. And that’s before I take into account we are Brighton and it’s just like us to get results against Arsenal and Man Utd and lose to the likes of Forest and Everton.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Based on remaining games I think we finish 6th, Villa 7ths and Spurs 8th.

I can see Spurs picking up 0 or 1 points in their remaining two.

Liverpool will win all their remaining games finishing 5th.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Yeah but have you compared the form for Thursdays?

No, neither have I .
Because it's just as irrelevant.
Very relevant chap, SJP is a tough place to go especially under the lights and they've won the majority of their evening fixtures this campaign. Hopefully they're nervy and we can keep them quiet.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Who says we beat Saints? People going on like it's a foregone conclusion we will win.

They have no pressure on them now and will play with freedom and still have some talent in their team regardless of league position.

I think we beat Newcastle as they play a high press and we love a team to play like that. We battered them at the Amex, but couldn't find the net.
Southampton also have picked up a healthy amount of points against teams at the top despite being bottom! Certainly not get carried away about that one being a foregone conclusion, especially after Everton!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

The lowest they can finish is 6th. 5th will get Europa.
If they lose the FA cup, they'll still get the FA cup Europa place, because City won't need it.
If they win the FA cup, they'll get Europa from that.

And the Conference place will still go to 7th.
The Conference wouldn't go to 7th if Utd finished in 8th or lower, but they can't finish that low.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here