Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 points from 12 remaining & we are in Europe

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I gotta feeling we can beat Saints and Villa to secure Europe but with our superior GD 5 points will be enough. If we beat Newcastle the champagne will be put in ice ready.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Beat Southampton and Villa draw or lose to Liverpool away, we finish above them and in 7th. That's the most straightforward of many possibilities.

Sounds simple.

Finishing 6th is a tougher nut to crack, likely to need another 2 points from somewhere unless Spurs falter against Brentford or Leeds, in which case three points would be enough if Villa don't win at Anfield .

But beating Newcastle, Saints and City (or just two of them) means we're not relying on anyone else and can enjoy the last day of the season.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
5 if Villa win at Liverpool.
Villa draw or lose and it's 3 points for 7th.
Of course, should Villa beat Liverpool that drags Liverpool within our sights again.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
If (sorry when... we make Europe) I feel this is massive for the club and the City of Brighton & Hove and FAR exceeds promotion to the PL. Regardless if no club has ever done this before I think an open-top bus tour of the City of Brighton and Hove is in order. By the players not fans on a tourist open-top bus that is!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Beat Southampton and Villa draw or lose to Liverpool away, we finish above them and in 7th. That's the most straightforward of many possibilities.

Sounds simple.

Finishing 6th is a tougher nut to crack, likely to need another 2 points from somewhere unless Spurs falter against Brentford or Leeds, in which case three points would be enough.
That bloody Spurs game again. We are 'really' seven points above them right now!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We don’t have a good record against Villa lately so I don’t want to have to win the last game of the season to get into Europe. 4 more points may be enough 5 will almost certainly be enough.
I think we need more positive vibes about our last game of the season.

Villa might need a win, we might just need a draw. We can do it!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
5 points out of 12 - yes, but let's face it, with the games we have it's a tough ask! Ideal situation would be racking up at villa 3 points ahead of them and wth 6th. place guaranteed. Villa need a point to get 7th. and push Spurs down to 8th. (and out of Europe). I suppose if Villa needed all three (but would still finish behind us) we could stage a ceremonial Dunk OG at 90+1 minutes!

Oh what fun we could have, kicking the ball around gently near the centre circle! Revenge would be so sweet!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just one more win may well be enough, but yes 5 points would be great… I would like 6th secured before Villa - even if it’s a case of Villa and Spurs results going our way at the weekend. Would bite your hand off for a point against Newcastle as I think we’ll beat Southampton…

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I can’t see Spurs & Villa getting maximum remaining points. 4 points out of 6 is more likely. So it could be just 3 points needed to get 6th…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the next four games will be season defining.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Spurs will lose at Leeds & I doubt they'll get much against Brentford on Saturday so they'll finish 8th.
Villa can get to 63 maximum. With our GD 63 will get us 6th. Villa lose to Liverpool and we beat Saints then we are uncatchable in 6th. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here