5 favourite Worthing pubs?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
seven stands said:
only pub i wont go in is broadwater as **** who runs it doesnt like brighton and wont show our games or didnt last time i knew :tosser:

different geezer in there now . Gorilla man has gone

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
anyone remember the montague ( near rose n crown ) raffle tickets ? on a sunday between 12 and 2 , every pint they would give you a ticket. This ticket was then worth a pint for free between 2 and 4. Used to get absolutely leathered down there

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dougal said:
anyone remember the montague ( near rose n crown ) raffle tickets ? on a sunday between 12 and 2 , every pint they would give you a ticket. This ticket was then worth a pint for free between 2 and 4. Used to get absolutely leathered down there

On the corner small littel place, got chucked out for being underage - when i was - never went back seemed alright until i was refused service at the bar.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Goring Gull said:
On the corner small littel place, got chucked out for being underage - when i was - never went back seemed alright until i was refused service at the bar.

yeah thats the one , it was a bit of a shit hole to be fair but the raffle thing at 18 years old was excellant. Always ended the Sunday trying to drink "The Fridge" in cloisters, basically 1 of each bottle ..... think there was shit loadsa Jammin's around then. now we are going back !

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Worthing's best pubs, PAST & PRESENT

RHAPSODY WINE BAR

OLD ENGLAND BAR

THEIVES KITCHEN

THE FOUNTAIN

HARE & HOUNDS

JONES WINE BAR

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How about the Inn on the Prom, remember seeing a few live bands in there, is that still there and was it really a pub?

Some of the names on this thread have me reminiscing about some drunken and debauched times in and around Worthing in the early to mid 90's, for that I thank you all very much. The Tiroler bar, what a pathetic attempt to recreate Austria in the middle of a hideous shopping centre, only those with the most vivid imagination could see it for anything other than a dump.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
s.stubbs said:
I'm moving to Salvington soon,My local will be the John Seldon or the Thomas a Becket or the North Star,or the Lamb,any of these any good boozers?:drink:

Thomas a beckett is quite good , run by Kerry Mayo's brother , has a good few bands in there , has a pool table ...something for everyone. Few birds get in there

North Star is good , no music or pool but decent food , lots of cheesy quiz's etc , good atmosphere and friendly. Fair amount of birds in here.

The Lamb - not been recently but from memory full of scummers + avoid like the plague

Worth venturing into Taring as well as that is nearish these places, several decent pubs here and can do a crawl finishing at the beckett is always a good crack

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Dougal said:
Thomas a beckett is quite good , run by Kerry Mayo's brother , has a good few bands in there , has a pool table ...something for everyone. Few birds get in there

North Star is good , no music or pool but decent food , lots of cheesy quiz's etc , good atmosphere and friendly. Fair amount of birds in here.

The Lamb - not been recently but from memory full of scummers + avoid like the plague

Worth venturing into Taring as well as that is nearish these places, several decent pubs here and can do a crawl finishing at the beckett is always a good crack

The Lamb is full of scummers bit of a pity as used to be a good pub- Coach and Horses along the A27 isn't bad either bit out the way though.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ahhh... the Coach and Horses

Used to be run by the boxer Terry Spinks(?) - absolute alcoholic but quite genial.

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Gully said:
How about the Inn on the Prom, remember seeing a few live bands in there, is that still there and was it really a pub?

Some of the names on this thread have me reminiscing about some drunken and debauched times in and around Worthing in the early to mid 90's, for that I thank you all very much. The Tiroler bar, what a pathetic attempt to recreate Austria in the middle of a hideous shopping centre, only those with the most vivid imagination could see it for anything other than a dump.

The Prom (or Waterfront as it's now called) turned into a cafe-bar summer last year and went downhill. It stopped having bands in there and closed for "refurbishment" but nothing has ever been done. Looks like it will remain closed. At least they got rid of the saw dust on the floor. :lolol:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Squiggsy said:
What's the Globe like?

I move into Newland Road for a few months tomorrow and it's only a few doors away....

The landlord is a big Albion fan from way back.

Its a pre match pinting house for a few.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Squiggsy said:
What's the Globe like?

I move into Newland Road for a few months tomorrow and it's only a few doors away....

scum hole. The swan is prob your best bet from newlands road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports