Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 favourite Worthing pubs?

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
Goring Gull said:
The bull - in Goring ? I used to live up the road from there on Goring street in meadowside court those flats at the end used yo pop in quite often.

I used to live in Goring Street too, far end other side of the railway line in the flats at the end . ......strange world isn't it!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know what you mean, but on the upside it's always busy and got some life to it. AND it's got a dart board and big beer garden.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Rusco said:
I used to live in Goring Street too, far end other side of the railway line in the flats at the end . ......strange world isn't it!

Meadowside court by the playing fields.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The Golden lion many an English Alevel lesson i used to spend playing pool in the Golden lion - instead of learning Chaucer.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Top 5:
The Warwick
The Hare & Hounds
The Vintners Parrot
The Bull
The Mulberry (great in the summer)

Special mentions to The Golden Lion and The Yeoman - spent many a lunchtime and evening in there when I used to work at Lloyds!

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Golden Lion...god...lunchtime at LLoyds....:lolol:

remenissing now!

:lolol:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Ib et nearley every Worthing based 20 something has worked at LLoyds at some point in Worthing. I even had the misfortune of temping at teh Lancing depot.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rusco said:
Bloody hell .... have we all worked for LLoyds Registrars / Bank at some point?

no

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
tedebear said:
That pub by West Worthing station - I think its the Downview? IS ABSOLUTELY DIRE!!

You're not wrong mate. I have a flat in Downview Road, but I won't go in the Downview if I can help it.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
McShane79 said:
You're not wrong mate. I have a flat in Downview Road, but I won't go in the Downview if I can help it.

Zef's band used to play in there only because they paid well, I used to sit on a bar stool on my own trying to ignore the exceptionally strange punters who tryed to look cool playing pool whilst smacking each other over the head with pool cues! :nono: Scary place and I don't blame you for not going!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
tedebear said:
Zef's band used to play in there only because they paid well, I used to sit on a bar stool on my own trying to ignore the exceptionally strange punters who tryed to look cool playing pool whilst smacking each other over the head with pool cues! :nono: Scary place and I don't blame you for not going!!

It truly is a shit hole - up there with the Clifton for being one of the Worst pubs in Worthing ocasionally when walking into town i used to live in Tarring with a couple of mate swould pop in for a pint - tending to drink it very quickly inded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here