Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 favourite Worthing pubs?

Yoda

English & European
Goring Gull said:
Ib et nearley every Worthing based 20 something has worked at LLoyds at some point in Worthing. I even had the misfortune of temping at teh Lancing depot.

Better pay up then. I have NEVER worked there and never will. :wave:

As for fav pubs?

Church
Warwick
Parrot
The Beckett
Elms.

Used to love Khaz Bar before they had problems there.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Goring Gull said:
Ib et nearley every Worthing based 20 something has worked at LLoyds at some point in Worthing. I even had the misfortune of temping at teh Lancing depot.

Stuffing envelopes? or counting sheets of paper? :lol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
tedebear said:
Zef's band used to play in there only because they paid well, I used to sit on a bar stool on my own trying to ignore the exceptionally strange punters who tryed to look cool playing pool whilst smacking each other over the head with pool cues! :nono: Scary place and I don't blame you for not going!!

Scary indeed :eek:

Went in there once donkey's years ago when a mate of mine was seeing some girl from West Worthing. 5 minutes after I walked in one of the pool balls came flying through the air at tremendous speed not aimed at anyone in particular. 2 minutes later I left.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Tesco's always has loads of pikey's hanging around, so I've never felt the need to go into the Maple Leaf as it looks a dive.

Good call Yoda - the Beckett is a top boozer.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
tedebear said:
Stuffing envelopes? or counting sheets of paper? :lol:

Even more exciting! loading the letters on the machines that put then in the envelopes - it was mind numbing and there were guys there how'd been working for lloyds for years doing this day in day out..... If i ever get fed up at work i think back to those days and all seems rosy again.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Goring Gull said:
Even more exciting! loading the letters on the machines that put then in the envelopes - it was mind numbing and there were guys there how'd been working for lloyds for years doing this day in day out..... If i ever get fed up at work i think back to those days and all seems rosy again.

They are still there - one of them is up for a 10 year gift soon!!

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
Goring Gull said:
The maple leaf/ corner house up by Tescos in Durrington is a right dump.

now a car park for tesco

elms
old house
southdown
spoons (shite but cheap as they all are)
parrot

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
tedebear said:
They are still there - one of them is up for a 10 year gift soon!!

Fair play to them, but crikey i only managed six weeks and that was hard enough bunked off two afternoons and went to the Merry Monk or the Farmers - not sure what was worse claiming time for work i hadn't done or the fact no one noticed.......

Ended up at Nynex now NTL as a reapir tech but that was rocket science compared to that place.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Hungry Joe said:
Only one pub left in Worthing that I can genuinely say I like and that's The Richard Cobden.
use to live in cobden rd :clap2:

gull45

Mar 10, 2006
Goring Gull said:
It truly is a shit hole - up there with the Clifton for being one of the Worst pubs in Worthing ocasionally when walking into town i used to live in Tarring with a couple of mate swould pop in for a pint - tending to drink it very quickly inded.

Jesus!! The Clifton!!!!!
What an absolute hell hole that place is, best avoided at all costs especially on a sunday when there always seems to be bother down there

gull45

Mar 10, 2006
Goring Gull said:
Who was Richard Cobden?

Something to do with cotton trade in Manchester in the olden days but came from Sussex if what the bardmaid in the Cobbers told me correct, was a long night to be fair :)

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
gull45 said:
Jesus!! The Clifton!!!!!
What an absolute hell hole that place is, best avoided at all costs especially on a sunday when there always seems to be bother down there

allways used to have a signed brighton ball in there though. Think its gone now though

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Maltsters (my first 'local')

The Thieves Kitchen (for birthday parties)

The Golden Lion, Durrington (for a sneaky pint at lunchtime from 6th form college)

The Bull at Goring and The Gun at Findon, cos that's where I went with the present Mrs Titanic when we were courting.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Clifton :lolol:

I had a drink in there once with some mates and ended up at a party in some dodgy looking house

What was the boozer upstairs f the Neville Center (or whatever that center was called)....Always remember trouble in there!

gull45

Mar 10, 2006
Titanic said:
the Tiroler Bar ??

Blimey! thats going back some, had many an under age pint and punch up in there in the mid eighties.
does anyone remeber the Viking Bar down Ann Street or the Buckingham (i think) where the body shop is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here