Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All out lead of 51

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Final wicket goes, we needed that before we through away all the good work from yesterday. Could do with getting to 50-0 to really establish ourselves

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely despise the man but fair play to him facing some serious body line bowling from one of the most brutal fast bowlers in recent times.

Same as. Should have heard his interview on TMS yesterday, talk about full of himself. Fancied himself as a player and played his cricket in Newick apparently.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolutely despise the man but fair play to him facing some serious body line bowling from one of the most brutal fast bowlers in recent times.

he was hardly "facing " Lee, lots of the time he is falling away before the ball is even released.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Same as. Should have heard his interview on TMS yesterday, talk about full of himself. Fancied himself as a player and played his cricket in Newick apparently.

Newick are a horrible club in my experience of playing colts and men's 2nd team cricket but especially at the colts level. Snobbish, bad sportsmanship and rude so I'm not surprised that cock Morgan has played for them.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
he was hardly "facing " Lee, lots of the time he is falling away before the ball is even released.

He was facing him. He got hit a few times, and Lee was trying to hurt him.

All fair though. I'd have done the same if I was bowling at Piers Morgan.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Newick are a horrible club in my experience of playing colts and men's 2nd team cricket but especially at the colts level. Snobbish, bad sportsmanship and rude so I'm not surprised that cock Morgan has played for them.

And they have the miles distance to Canterbury and Winchester on a twee wooden white painted signpost opposite the village green.......wankers! :lolol:

Nice bakery though.

Edit: Here we go. Pretentious tossers!

download.jpg

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He was facing him. He got hit a few times, and Lee was trying to hurt him.

All fair though. I'd have done the same if I was bowling at Piers Morgan.

Name me a man, or woman, who wouldn't do the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed he was backing off but Lee was following him and hit him a few times. Lots of people would have walked out after a couple of those balls.

You have to tough that sort of stuff out. I had a net once and there was a very nippy youngster who was trying to intimidate me and gave me a high full toss like a rocket, I had to try to hit it but it was so fast and high I hit it with the my bottom hand/bat handle. felt like I broke two fingers but I never let him know that.
Then there was another lad another time just as quick who kept going for yorkers whenever it was his turn to bowl a ball. Most went wide of me and were unplayable....then he got one on line and I have never dropped my bat so fast on to a ball. I caught it just right and the ball shot out of the net at ankle height like a bullet. The lads waiting in line to bowl had to jump up or out of the way or risk a cracked bone. It wasn't till about 20 seconds after it sunk in that I nearly had a broken toe or two.....thats the game. No helmets/chest pads or even thigh pads, Moron looked like the Michellin man with all his pads. pah

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Are we seeing a changing of the guard, in particular with regard to Prior? Bairstow looked pretty tidy behind the sticks and can (usually) handle a bat as well

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
You have to tough that sort of stuff out. I had a net once and there was a very nippy youngster who was trying to intimidate me and gave me a high full toss like a rocket, I had to try to hit it but it was so fast and high I hit it with the my bottom hand/bat handle. felt like I broke two fingers but I never let him know that.
Then there was another lad another time just as quick who kept going for yorkers whenever it was his turn to bowl a ball. Most went wide of me and were unplayable....then he got one on line and I have never dropped my bat so fast on to a ball. I caught it just right and the ball shot out of the net at ankle height like a bullet. The lads waiting in line to bowl had to jump up or out of the way or risk a cracked bone. It wasn't till about 20 seconds after it sunk in that I nearly had a broken toe or two.....thats the game. No helmets/chest pads or even thigh pads, Moron looked like the Michellin man with all his pads. pah

Whilst I agree with you that you have to man up and deal with it as I have done playing cricket over the years, I think standing up against a former international fast pace bowler is another level and however much I dislike the prick I must say fair play for not walking after a couple of hits. Five Live said he was clocking 85 with his deliveries which is Broad/Anderson pace.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Are we seeing a changing of the guard, in particular with regard to Prior? Bairstow looked pretty tidy behind the sticks and can (usually) handle a bat as well

However much I like Prior he has been poor this series. Done little with the bat and been very much overshadowed with the gloves compared to Haddin. Bairstow deserves a crack, especially with the series lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here