Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Test build up, KP being magnanimous

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Can't believe I've missed this after staying awake watching the shambles of the last tests. Shall be up watching this :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fair play to our bowlers, they all stepped up and made a contribution. England are now odds-on to win this match and the 5-0 whitewash is out to 11-4.

It's a lot easier to be philosophical about the series if we can nick one or more of the last two tests - if we manage this then we'll have won on aggregate / 'away goals'.

I still fancy the Aussies will come back at us hard on Day 3, so to win this match I expect one of the batsmen will need to post a ton. Ian Bell the man most likely?

Absolutely. 5-3 or 4-3 on aggregate. Brilliant, something more than just pride to play for.. My plan of recording whole night play and getting up at 5am to watch from start played dividends this morning.

For the betting I am hundreds down on England winning the series on a number of correct scores. So in a bid to lessen the losses have bet England to win this at 10/3. But 3-2 is an enticing 6-1 at Paddy Power so have not been able to refuse that. We win this (currently 8/11) and you get a good 6-1 on the Sydney test.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can't believe I've missed this after staying awake watching the shambles of the last tests. Shall be up watching this :)
Yeah, due to work and other commitments yesterday evening was the first time I could allow myself to stay up to watch it. I gave up after the first few overs! #badfan Was pleasantly surprised with the comeback so I'll watch it this evening - so expect the last Aussie pair to put on about 150.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Yeah, due to work and other commitments yesterday evening was the first time I could allow myself to stay up to watch it. I gave up after the first few overs! #badfan Was pleasantly surprised with the comeback so I'll watch it this evening - so expect the last Aussie pair to put on about 150.

You just know it'll happen now as we're watching :down:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Same here (though I've caught up now) I've watched most of this series but managed to miss most of Stokes ton & last night's excellent bowling.

I also missed stokes ton. My biggest fear is getting the final wicket early then failing to captilize on our small lead if we manage one because their number 9 in England then he got 98. Can't remember his name but he was a youngster.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I also missed stokes ton. My biggest fear is getting the final wicket early then failing to captilize on our small lead if we manage one because their number 9 in England then he got 98. Can't remember his name but he was a youngster.

He was last man in then but moved up the order for the next 2 tests before being dropped. Ashton Agar. we don't need to worry about Lyon especially as the new ball is imminent. Haddin needs to lose his wicket or be left stranded.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I expect the Convicts to grub out another 25 runs then we get in and collapso again so it's off to bed by 1 am.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He was last man in then but moved up the order for the next 2 tests before being dropped. Ashton Agar. we don't need to worry about Lyon especially as the new ball is imminent. Haddin needs to lose his wicket or be left stranded.

I remember Agar was given not out by the 3rd umpire - in single figures at the time - when the replay showed he was out stumped. A joke of a decision.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone else going to give it a go tonight ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else going to give it a go tonight ?

I will.

Fell asleep last night fairly early on into their innings so missed all the good action. Did put TMS on the bedside radio though and heard the interval conversation with Piers Morgan. Anyone know if he ended up in hospital after apparently facing some balls from Brett Lee?

Edit:

Just found this up on youtube:

[yt]1tNy0oYHbb4[/yt]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tail wagging but we really are assisting this.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Leaking runs again. Sounds like we're bowling a lot of short stuff again, and they're swinging and getting away with it...

Good stream on crictv if you're interested.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I will.

Fell asleep last night fairly early on into their innings so missed all the good action. Did put TMS on the bedside radio though and heard the interval conversation with Piers Morgan. Anyone know if he ended up in hospital after apparently facing some balls from Brett Lee?

Edit:

Just found this up on youtube:

[yt]1tNy0oYHbb4[/yt]

Absolutely despise the man but fair play to him facing some serious body line bowling from one of the most brutal fast bowlers in recent times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here