£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Just out of interest before I jump to any conclusions. How many children do you have??? How many ex-wife's and current wifes??? How many mortgage's do you pay???and how much rent do you also pay???...Not to mention the council tax, electric, gas, phone, water, food and any luxuries you may still be able to afford after all that???....

Major is a confirmed bachelor, living at home with mum :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Take it out of my taxes I've been paying for your existence for the last god knows how many years!

I don't believe for one second you may much tax - burger flipping doesn't pay that much and Mummy and Daddy will pay the council tax. Grow up and understand there's a big wide world out there that doesn't fit your moronic stereotype view of life. Prat !

Just out of interest before I jump to any conclusions. How many children do you have??? How many ex-wife's and current wifes??? How many mortgage's do you pay???and how much rent do you also pay???...Not to mention the council tax, electric, gas, phone, water, food and any luxuries you may still be able to afford after all that???....

Ah, you've misunderstood - you CHOOSE to pay those things ahead of paying for football !

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The club have got to be very careful over pricing. People will come, no doubt about that but you have to keep them interested and not take them for granted. If people pay top dollar they expect to see it being spent on the field. That's just the nature of the beast. Of course the academy and training ground and the running costs at the Amex have to all be taken into account. But there is a very fine line between what people find acceptable and what is a bridge to far. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, if you want to keep growing bigger and bigger...Sometimes less is more and more is less. You have to find that middle ground, I personally think over £40 a ticket for second tier football is taking the piss, I wouldn't pay it. But then I've got a season ticket which i'm lucky enough to be able to afford after all my outgoings, just!!!! But I couldn't justify paying a lot more.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The club have got to be very careful over pricing. People will come, no doubt about that but you have to keep them interested and not take them for granted. If people pay top dollar they expect to see it being spent on the field. That's just the nature of the beast. Of course the academy and training ground and the running costs at the Amex have to all be taken into account. But there is a very fine line between what people find acceptable and what is a bridge to far. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, if you want to keep growing bigger and bigger...Sometimes less is more and more is less. You have to find that middle ground, I personally think over £40 a ticket for second tier football is taking the piss, I wouldn't pay it. But then I've got a season ticket which i'm lucky enough to be able to afford after all my outgoings, just!!!! But I couldn't justify paying a lot more.

I see it slightly differently - what's spent on the team doesn't bother me all that much to an extent - instead I want a value for money experience. The club could spend £50m on the team but it wouldn't justify, in my eyes, charging over £40 a ticket. There are other things that my small amount of disposable income can be spent on and apart from twonks like The Major, most people spend disposable income on watching football.

I don't believe for one second you may much tax - burger flipping doesn't pay that much and Mummy and Daddy will pay the council tax. Grow up and understand there's a big wide world out there that doesn't fit your moronic stereotype view of life. Prat !

Ah, you've misunderstood - you CHOOSE to pay those things ahead of paying for football !

You have so much hatred. Take a look at yourself & your posts a few hours after you write them. Perhaps if you loosen up, chilled - someone might employ you?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
You have so much hatred. Take a look at yourself & your posts a few hours after you write them. Perhaps if you loosen up, chilled - someone might employ you?

I wouldn't give up your day job if that's what your comedy's like.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Some good points on this thread and an awful lot of bad ones.
I paid £45 a ticket for the theatre recently. It wasn't a great view. It wasn't a great theatre. It wasn't a big production.
I didn't get travel included.

I know my choice.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

All that waffle and the cheapest ticket is STILL a lot less than £40.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Hmm - I currently employ 23 people over in Sunny Worthing. Whilst I haven't a position presently available, if one crops up, liaising with the Israeli Tourism Office, I'll bare you in mind.

Thanks but I have a job thank you and one I'm very happy with.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I love Husty's new signature. Boycotting the Amex? He hardly ever went to games anyway. What a Jessy.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Having sat in the front row of WSL on the half way line and having to put up with Justin Efinburgh's constant ranting at the Newport game, I cannot understand why anyone would want to sit there at any price!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I bought my tickets for Burnley (£26) and Millwall (£33) together , if you take off the £4 travel levy for each game the price ain't too bad.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Having sat in the front row of WSL on the half way line and having to put up with Justin Efinburgh's constant ranting at the Newport game, I cannot understand why anyone would want to sit there at any price!
I have to agree. I sat there for the 2 friendlies. The view is poor, especially with oscar constantly blocking my view of the goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although obviously not directly responsible, this doesn't help:-

BSDWhUKCUAAqHWj.jpg

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Whilst I don't like the fact that many ordinary working class supporters are getting priced out of football we have to remember it is an entertainments business.

Compare it with other events of a similar duration. The average pop concert lasts approx 2 hours. People have to part with ridiculous money to see there favourite artists. Take the theatre, an almost perfect example, two hour play with a half hour interval. You'd be lucky to get a seat and view as good as the WSL for £43. It just doesn't happen. I could go on...

The fact is the entertainments industry is big business these days and with that customers/fans are being asked to pay a premium. Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast and isn't simply confined to football.

The days of walking to the Goldstone and handing over a couple of quid are long gone. The sooner people realise that the better. I'm not saying its right and I'm not saying I like it but football is now an expensive hobby. Until the governing bodies introduce a wage cap price hikes won't go away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports