Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't be an idiot. Category C games are CHEAPER than last season, good pricing - will be attending every category C game without question - problem is that only a handful of games are category C.

£43 is not far from being twice the price - big difference.
Don't make me go back and find all the posts you made stating how you were never going to the Amex again, because you were priced out of the game.

The pricing structure was in place then, and at no point did you say:-

'I can only afford to go to the cheap seats of cat C games'.

You're £25 is only £8 cheaper than the cheapest seats for Cat A.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Why are people so surprised by these prices? Would you rather be back at Withdean in the 3rd tier?

A good potential poll question. The "Yes" vote wouldn't be a majority, but it would be non-trivial, is my guess.

The compensation in terms of lower ticket prices (not that Withdean was particularly cheap, there was a lot of grousing even then), of still having the feeling that 'the club listens to the average fan', of ownership and management that seemed accessible and responsive, the sense of community generated by a decade-plus fight against the odds -- some people will plump for that.

Not a lot, but some.

I'd love to be able to afford to go to each match BUT I have to pay the mortgage, utilities, council tax, clothes and food for the children etc etc as do many people. I guess from your idiotic posts you're young and don't have responsibilities other than paying to see the football ? Stop being a twonk and appreciate that there are other financial priorities for many people. You'll learn that when you move out from Mummy and Daddy's house :wanker:

Sorry didn't notice you lived in Hangleton - I take it all back.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why are Millwall cat A anyway??? It can only be for the extra police on duty etc etc. It's certainly not for the quality of the opposition. Will be the lowest crowd of the season and with good reason as it was last season. Can't believe they are letting this game go ahead at 3pm on a Saturday in the first place. The old bill will have there work cut out, Friday night and all day Saturday, madness!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolute nonsense - I have always said I am going to all category C games and some category B games.

I might prove it in a minute, if I can be bothered.

edit, proof below: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...mble-with-our-money&highlight=mustafa+pricing post 18
Same applies to me. Will be the first season I will be attending only *some* home games as opposed to *all* home games since 99/00. Simply been priced out this time.

Will be going to more away games instead, which are generally a more authentic and enjoyable football experience anyway - and so better value for money.

As I mentioned in another thread, I am voicing my concerns with my feet & wallet - not so much out of choice, but I have simply been priced out.

They will see from my ticket history that I have barely missed a home game for 13 years - but this season I will be attending only a handful. I usually spend around £30 on a match day, so I suppose the club won't be seeing any of that either.

I intend to compensate by attending more away games this season - and I can only speak for myself and my friends - but the club is driving away passionate, loyal and long-term fans with the recent hike in prices - We spend a lot on match days, which we will now be spending at other clubs' stadia instead, or not at all.

I don't know how to voice my concerns to the club on an individual level, if there is some sort of fan campaign I will join it, but my hope is that the club studies cases like mine and considers that it could prove to be counter productive.

Pie & Pint, a few more beers after that, programme, Albion hat-trick etc - Usually works out about £30

So here you are, bemoaning the fact you have been priced out of the AMEX, even though you spend 2 games worth of money per match.

But you'll happily economise for away games.

You haven't been priced of of the AMEX, your lifestyle and refusal to budget has priced you out of the AMEX.
You can afford to go, if you want to, you choose not too.

@Deadly Danson @Stat Brother

You should consider that I am a non-season ticket holder, as are many of the people I go with.

The match day prices were expensive before, but now they are obscene - couple that with the the ridiculous membership scheme, new travel costs and possible increase in food & drink prices - The Amex has become a very expensive hobby for non-STH's.

Football is a day out - I'm hardly going to abstain from food, drink and everything else I find enjoyable when I'm paying £40 for it.

I would love to go to every game at the Amex next season, but I can't afford to - I have been priced out - so instead I am spending my money selectively both at the Amex and elsewhere.

You have free train travel from Hove.
What's the price of membership scheme?
Food and drink is your choice.
As is a programme.
Seagull Lottery, come on!!

Do you not accept the fact with £30 disposable cash, if you wanted to go you could?

Yep, fair enough I profusely apologise, you had mentioned your price ceiling.
I guess I missed that when questioning you on your football budget.
Once again I apologise.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.
Nope. Some of us are too ill to work so have to live on £213 every 2 weeks. I don't have a car but i do have a flat screen TV. However, so does almost everyone else because they stopped making those curved ones years ago. The fridge has food in it but due to health issues, I'm only allowed certain things from it. I managed a ST but only because the bank repaid what they cheated me out of in PPI for 17 years.
Now sir, I do believe that you owe me a pound!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Absolute nonsense - I have always said I am going to all category C games and some category B games.

I might prove it in a minute, if I can be bothered.

edit, proof below: http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...mble-with-our-money&highlight=mustafa+pricing post 18

You also said in that thread

First home league game I haven't attended in 8 years because I refuse to pay £40+ for a ticket.

Money well saved.

But you can get tickets for every match for a £32 or less for Cat B or C, its not compulsory that you sit in the highest priced seats

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
£43 x 23 home games = £989

I appreciate that the club offers discount if you buy a ST and there is the D/D scheme for monthly payments but it just highlights how expensive it is to watch the Albion these days.

You have chosen the most expensive seats there are to beat the club with. There are cheaper options available.

If you go to watch a band you'll pay £43 if you want the best seats. I had tickets for The Tragically Hip who were playing in London-£65 for 2 standing tickets.

£43 is a lot of money to watch football but that is the going rate for The Albion's best seats other than 1901. Too much? Buy tickets for South Stand or WSU. As I said earlier-there are lower priced options.

Like many though, I am dreading PL prices (if we ever get there).

Why are Millwall cat A anyway??? It can only be for the extra police on duty etc etc. It's certainly not for the quality of the opposition. Will be the lowest crowd of the season and with good reason as it was last season. Can't believe they are letting this game go ahead at 3pm on a Saturday in the first place. The old bill will have there work cut out, Friday night and all day Saturday, madness!!

Ipswich, Blackburn, Bristol City, Barnsley, Peterborough all lower attendances than Millwall last season (all played on a Tuesday night). So easy to see why Club would want it on a Saturday - plus Millwall selling out means we can charge them full whack for their tickets. Local derby as well.

Nope. Some of us are too ill to work so have to live on £213 every 2 weeks. I don't have a car but i do have a flat screen TV. However, so does almost everyone else because they stopped making those curved ones years ago. The fridge has food in it but due to health issues, I'm only allowed certain things from it. I managed a ST but only because the bank repaid what they cheated me out of in PPI for 17 years.
Now sir, I do believe that you owe me a pound!

Take it out of my taxes I've been paying for your existence for the last god knows how many years!

Sorry to read about your situation and you obviously have a point . However, I do maintain that anyone who is working full time and says they have been priced out of going to the Albion is lying. They really mean - I'd rather not go as I enjoy spending my money on something else.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ipswich, Blackburn, Bristol City, Barnsley, Peterborough all lower attendances than Millwall last season (all played on a Tuesday night). So easy to see why Club would want it on a Saturday - plus Millwall selling out means we can charge them full whack for their tickets. Local derby as well.

Don't you believe it, the official attendance in the papers and in the programme is not how many people are in the ground. Millwall was by far the lowest attended game last season, well under 20,000.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.

You've surely got to be on a fishing trip here? I'm just getting by, not struggling too much, but not in luxury. I do not have a new motor, I have an old banger. I have an almost broken Dell computer and can't afford a new one. My TV isn't even flat screen as I can't justify the expense of a new one. And yes, I have food in my fridge.

The club doesn't owe me a cheap ticket, but it's still the case that these days I am vastly out-priced. As has been said, such is life, but to suggest everyone is living in the sort of luxury you outlined and is 'lying' if they say they can't afford £40 a fortnight, is ridiculous! Open your bloody eyes. Or, if you are fishing, you've got another bite from me. :thumbsup:

Edit: And yes, I do work full time. I just don't get paid much.

Last edited:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
Take it out of my taxes I've been paying for your existence for the last god knows how many years!
Me too. I was paying income tax for around 30 years before certain organs began malfunctioning. But you need to understand other people's positions before making sweeping assumptions. There are plenty of working people priced out of attending Albion matches too.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Correct, it's to cover the stupidly high policing costs because of the poor KO time, but then Millwall would always need more policing. Would have been a Cat B game if on a weekday.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
A bit of data for comparison, and perhaps for perspective.

Mid-table (being generous) NFL team (Cincinnati Bengals), playing only 8 home games a year.... $44-$90 a game (£28-£56). No match-day parking at the stadium proper except for STH, but in the environs it runs $10-$20.

Big-time college football (The Ohio State University), playing up the road a bit, but in the same basic market: $79 (face value, less desirable games go in the secondary market for ~$50), parking $ 15, total $94 (£60)

I know that the Bundesliga, although it's the top flight, by comparison, can be relatively inexpensive... the Guardian gives a mid-table (Schalke 04) cheapest ticket at about £12 and top ticket £43.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009

Sorry to read about your situation and you obviously have a point . However, I do maintain that anyone who is working full time and says they have been priced out of going to the Albion is lying. They really mean - I'd rather not go as I enjoy spending my money on something else.

Oh and lastly - not everyone has excess money to just spend on other luxuries - some of us just have enough money to get by! On a full time wage of around £16k a year, with a kid and family to support, you don't have money left over. Out of interest - how old are you?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Just out of interest before I jump to any conclusions. How many children do you have??? How many ex-wife's and current wifes??? How many mortgage's do you pay???and how much rent do you also pay???...Not to mention the council tax, electric, gas, phone, water, food and any luxuries you may still be able to afford after all that???....

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I can't afford it anymore but now get my footy fix on a Saturday watching my true local side Shoreham which only costs a few quid. Yes, I'd prefer to see the Albion, but at Shoreham I can stand, chat to the players who you often see around town and there is a really great local atmosphere. Those who are now being priced out of watching the Albion should start supporting some of their local county sides. You can have a great afternoon for a small outlay, walk to the game, and get a reasonably priced beer in local pubs.

The prices are just too much for me and this year I have for the first time in years not renewed my ST or Sky subscription purely due to cost. I will still try and catch a few games if I can but with family costs, etc etc etc I just can't justify the costs anymore. Never thought 20 years ago that the day would come when I couldn't afford to go and see the Albion but I just have to accept it. I do fear at some point in the future football will eat itself completely but fair play to those willing to pay the current prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here