£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.

You clearly don't understand the world around you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You're avoiding the issue - anyone can find £40 once a fortnight for something they love. Priorities.

Stop banging on about it because clearly you're not that interested.

I have a season ticket on dd and am a concession in the cheap seats. I can justify that at the moment, but if we got promoted or prices continue to rise at the same rate then I will be priced out, loving the Albion or not.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.

My car is 5 years old, the TV is 8 years old, the computer 6 years old. There's two bottles of beer in the fridge and a few tomatoes and corn on the cob. Even if I doubled my salary (possible) bought a new car, new TV and spent more cash on booze I STILL would not pay £43 to watch Albion vs Millwall because it's a ludicrous price.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You're avoiding the issue - anyone can find £40 once a fortnight for something they love. Priorities.

Stop banging on about it because clearly you're not that interested.

I'd love to be able to afford to go to each match BUT I have to pay the mortgage, utilities, council tax, clothes and food for the children etc etc as do many people. I guess from your idiotic posts you're young and don't have responsibilities other than paying to see the football ? Stop being a twonk and appreciate that there are other financial priorities for many people. You'll learn that when you move out from Mummy and Daddy's house :wanker:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our tickets in ESL were just £25.
I thought you were completely priced out of the Albion and were never going to the AMEX again, saving your money for away games, where you get better value.

By my reckoning that principled stand lasted all of 95 minutes.

I'd love to be able to afford to go to each match BUT I have to pay the mortgage, utilities, council tax, clothes and food for the children etc etc as do many people. I guess from your idiotic posts you're young and don't have responsibilities other than paying to see the football ? Stop being a twonk and appreciate that there are other financial priorities for many people. You'll learn that then you move out from Mummy and Daddy's house :wanker:

I am all in favour of high prices. We don't want riff raff at our spanking new stadium. Besides the riff raff spend their money on fags & booze.

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
I'd love to be able to afford to go to each match BUT I have to pay the mortgage, utilities, council tax, clothes and food for the children etc etc as do many people. I guess from your idiotic posts you're young and don't have responsibilities other than paying to see the football ? Stop being a twonk and appreciate that there are other financial priorities for many people. You'll learn that then you move out from Mummy and Daddy's house :wanker:

:thumbsup:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It's a fact that the Derby game didn't sell out, not an assumption.

Keep up at the back please.

I highlighted the phrase "that's the beginning and the end of it" as it was the posters assumption that the match would've sold out if ticket prices were lower.

Of course the match didn't sell out!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

And wins the "worst quote of the day" award.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
most people i am in touch with in sussex are on about 250 quid a week take home so 43 quid for a ticket is way over the top.......28-35 you may get away with .......43 for millwall is just daft.....imho.

Then by your own logic, they get away with it. The average wage earner are not the ones buying the most expensive seats in the house. Tickets ARE available for under £35..... just!

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
Yes tickets seem expensive but the entertainment over the course of last season was second to none and overall I thought it was great value...

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I haven't read the whole thread so may be repeating what others have already said but:

- The WSL are premium seats, I would imagine that, after St sales in that area there are not that many left to sell on a game by game basis. Assuming there are 500 to sell, wouldn't it be a mistake by the club to sell them more cheaply than they could have and lose revenue? (500 x £42 = 21,000 or 500 x £35 = £17,500 resulting in a loss of £3,500 for that game.

- There are other, cheaper seats available to select from and anyone wishing to go has a choice including picking a price level they are happy to pay.

- the majority of unsold tickets for the Derby game appeared to be the cheapest seats in the South stand rather than the most expensive in the WSL, if the cost of tickets were the reason for the unsold seats, surely the expensive ones would be the unsold ones and not the cheaper ones.

- Non ST holders who think that the tickets are too expensive for this match have a choice, they can wait and go to a lower category match instead if they wish to.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I haven't read the whole lot, either, but as a Government paid oldie I get my ticket for £28. A far cry fom a tanner at the Goldstone, but I'm daft enough to pay what I'm asked to see the Albion. But with return rail fares from home, food and drink etc, it makes for an expensive "do" these days, and I, too, have to pick and choose which games to come to.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'd love to be able to afford to go to each match BUT I have to pay the mortgage, utilities, council tax, clothes and food for the children etc etc as do many people. I guess from your idiotic posts you're young and don't have responsibilities other than paying to see the football ? Stop being a twonk and appreciate that there are other financial priorities for many people. You'll learn that when you move out from Mummy and Daddy's house :wanker:

Well said. Was just about to post a response that would probably have got me banned.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I haven't read the whole thread so may be repeating what others have already said but:

- The WSL are premium seats, I would imagine that, after St sales in that area there are not that many left to sell on a game by game basis. Assuming there are 500 to sell, wouldn't it be a mistake by the club to sell them more cheaply than they could have and lose revenue? (500 x £42 = 21,000 or 500 x £35 = £17,500 resulting in a loss of £3,500 for that game...

as I said earlier... it is not just WSL... it is actually

TWENTY ONE blocks are priced at £42 for Cat A games. 7 in WSL (all of WSL within the pitch boundary), 4 central blocks in ESL, all 8 blocks in ESU and 2 in WS middle tier at the extreme north end.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
as I said earlier... it is not just WSL... it is actually

Does anyone have any idea how many seats that actually remain after ST sales in these areas? I'd imagine that with about 23k ST holders most are sold beforehand.

A lot of the available seats which don't seem to sell well are in the South stand where i doubt there are many ST holders because this is the area used for away teams should it be needed and sold to home fans if it isn't.

Rough guesses but say 3k seats in the south stand (inc away allocations, etc) and 23k ST's means that there is approximately 4k seats left to sell across the whole stadium in other areas, which will include the cheaper areas.

If the club can sell these at £42 for this game, why cut its income by reducing the price. This game is more likely to sell out than less attractive fixtures such as against Barnsley and we have a choice as to where we go in the ground or if we don't go at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports