Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£43 to buy a ticket for Millwall in WSL......

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No it's not.

WSL is one of our most expensive seating options. If you want cheaper go for the East or a corner somewhere.

ESU also £43.

Can anyone explain why Millwall is a 'Category A' game? One of the worst teams in the division and neanderthal fans who don't exactly add to the fixture's attraction (unless you're Pretty Pink Fairy).

Jan 30, 2008
BUT the great thing with our club is the interest free DD which does make it affordable for most and for that I'm grateful
DON'T MEAN AN THING IF THE TICKET PRICES KEEP RISING your DD will increase, will you be able to afford that ??? , some people are on the border line , don't bury your head in the sand :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
ESU also £43.

Can anyone explain why Millwall is a 'Category A' game? One of the worst teams in the division and neanderthal fans who don't exactly add to the fixture's attraction (unless you're Pretty Pink Fairy).

Higher policing costs with horses from Wales?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
More peeps pay on a ticket less they have spare for food, drink club merchandise etc.. I've always thought it's good to concentrate on getting then in the seats first then get there loyalty

Oct 25, 2003
i only ever go now if i can get a cheapo ticket from a sth mate or one off cheapos like newport

not really moaning as I know it' a football problem rather than a Brighton problem, and I'm not blinkered enough to think that the club owes me the right to attend whatever the price...but I'm not the only one being priced out of regularly watching my club. It's a shame but such is life

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If the club had got the matchday prices right, the Derby game would have been sold out. That is the beginning and end of it, if demand is so high, especially with a 24,000 head-start.

The club lost 4,000 potential sales for the first home league game of the season because the matchday prices were too high. If it had been £25-30, it would have been full, and there would still have been a differential between matchday and ST.

Just looking at the final crowd figure is missing the more subtle stuff underneath, given the high level of STHs.

Of course it isn't; that's just your assumption.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The club lost 4,000 potential sales for the first home league game of the season because the matchday prices were too high. If it had been £25-30, it would have been full, and there would still have been a differential between matchday and ST.

Is this based on any particular research?

4000 extra tickets would have been sold because they were £5 each cheaper? Seems a bit fanciful to me, agreed, a fiver is a fiver, almost a pint and a half of lager, but I can't see that being enough to make someone decide to go to a football game, rather than not.

Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assuming all 23,000 season ticketers go, that leaves 7,000 'empty' seats.

The club only has to sell 3,501 @ £40 to make more money than 7,000 @ £20.

Sure that doesn't include sundries and shop purchases.

But nevertheless I doubt Barber-out 'needs' to sell out the ground, he has a percentage figure at the current price points that needs to be sold, and anything above that is a bonus.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Pound to a penny that everyone of here moaning about the price of tickets at the Amex is sitting at home with their new motors, topped up with gas, on their flash computers, with their flat screen TV's, a fridge full of food & booze.

Anyone that says they cannot afford £40 every other week is lying or not that interested.
are you then :angry:
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The prize for the most stupid post of the day goes to TheMajor.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And yet another stupid post ! It's fuel by the way NOT gas !!!!

I find a fridge full of food rather more important that a ticket to the football as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's not very good economics. It doesn't factor in 'brand loyalty' for a start. Something can be expensive, but still sell well.

We're a nation of overspenders. The proof is in the (piglet) pie.
You are right.

We the people who have been and will be priced out, are the first people who'll the club will come to after if it hits the rocks.

I'd image the club would be falling over itself to incentivise previous S/T holders, should a relegation happen.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For Derby - 3000 match day tickets sold, 4000 not sold.

I predict that Burnley will be 29,000+ on Saturday, as it is a category C game and so has very affordable prices. Our tickets in ESL were just £25.

If the Burnley game ends up being the highest gates of the season, which I suspect it might, it would speak volumes about the prices.

Will be an interesting comparison to see what the non ST sales are for these games. No amount of complaining on an internet message board will make any difference; however if the matchday revenue from a Cat C game is greater than that from a Cat A match then I'm sure ticket pricing and categorisation will be looked at.

And yet another stupid post ! It's fuel by the way NOT gas !!!!

I find a fridge full of food rather more important that a ticket to the football as well.

You're avoiding the issue - anyone can find £40 once a fortnight for something they love. Priorities.

Stop banging on about it because clearly you're not that interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here