[Albion] 40% crowds in October?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dunno why Sky & BT don't see it as an opportunity...

I'd imagine it's not their choice, more so the clubs. If they can't operate at full capacity they may want to sell the non UK televised games domestically to their fan base online. Especially the big clubs who would make quite a bit out of it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If I couldn’t attend next season I would be happy if the tv coverage arrangement for extended for the season with all games shown. I actually thought it was good and had the feel of a summer international tournament, all be it went on longer than normal for an England fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'd imagine it's not their choice, more so the clubs. If they can't operate at full capacity they may want to sell the non UK televised games domestically to their fan base online. Especially the big clubs who would make quite a bit out of it.

I'd pay for an armchair ST if available...

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
If there are no fans allowed I imagine the arrangement of all games televised will continue

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I noticed one oddity in the e-mail that I received from the club telling me that if 1901 club members are.......

"not prepared to attend a match for which the club is open, your terms and conditions will apply" (meaning you have to pay anyway and won't be refunded).

That seems like a can of worms to me - what if I disagree with the social distancing policy, or am unhappy with the general infection rate in the area etc etc. It also led me to suspect that 1901 members might be prioritised over other "customers", because they are paying higher sums ??? Of course if it's just the Under 12s against Aston Villa in the Caribou Cup, I'd be there like a shot anyway.

To enforce social distancing within the specific boundaries of the 1901 Club seating (which I assume is pretty much sold out) seems a challenge or does that mean you can be relocated to other areas in the stadium, that aren't what you paid for ?

Looking at it from the other perspective, if there is a ballot and you don't come up trumps, can they say "you can't come, but you have to pay anyway" ?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I noticed one oddity in the e-mail that I received from the club telling me that if 1901 club members are.......

"not prepared to attend a match for which the club is open, your terms and conditions will apply" (meaning you have to pay anyway and won't be refunded).

That seems like a can of worms to me - what if I disagree with the social distancing policy, or am unhappy with the general infection rate in the area etc etc. It also led me to suspect that 1901 members might be prioritised over other "customers", because they are paying higher sums ??? Of course if it's just the Under 12s against Aston Villa in the Caribou Cup, I'd be there like a shot anyway.

To enforce social distancing within the specific boundaries of the 1901 Club seating (which I assume is pretty much sold out) seems a challenge or does that mean you can be relocated to other areas in the stadium, that aren't what you paid for ?

Looking at it from the other perspective, if there is a ballot and you don't come up trumps, can they say "you can't come, but you have to pay anyway" ?

Here is the small print in full, Clear as mud.

Please be aware that the Club’s Finance Director has determined the COVID-19 pandemic to be exceptional circumstances under your 1901 Club terms and conditions, which is why we are able to offer these refunds/credits. If matches are rearranged or postponed for any other reason or you cannot, or are not prepared to, attend a match for which the 1901 Club is available, your 1901 Club terms and conditions will continue to apply. Please also note that the refunds/credits offered are the sole remedy offered by the Club. The Club cannot and does not accept any further liability to members relating to your 1901 membership and the COVID-19 pandemic including any additional accommodation and/or transport costs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports