Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3rd party travel sites for euro games BEWARE

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Just a friendly warning

Do NOT book flights via a 3rd party especially ryanair and easyJet. Book direct with airline.

After smugly getting cheap flights just after the draw was announced. It transpired that opodo who I booked it through didn't bother booking the flights I paid for, so I've had to rebook 3 of the 6 flights at vastly higher prices.

I usually book direct with airline so not sure what I was thinking, hangover probably played a large part
There was a programme a few weeks ago with Martin Lewes saying that the vast majority of complaints from the public about accommodation ( not being booked or not as expected etc ) and transport etc are when they are booked via 3rd party websites .

The advice given was don’t use 3rd party websites always book direct with hotel , airline etc

Expedia were one of the worst for complaints and aren’t very quick at trying to sort them out. Bookings .com also lots of unhappy customers .

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
Astonished how many people appear to be booking flights and hotels and tickets aren’t even on sale yet. It’s this mass panic I guess that feeds algorithms and why we’re all now controlled and ripped off by our digital masters. You reap what you sow I guess.
Not everyone is going to just be at the game, fair few people want to soak up the atmosphere of seeing the Albion away in Europe. Going to be a class trip either way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I know people who have booked through other third parties for these games that got the bookings through fine. But the risks aren't worth it, hence why I thought I would try and be helpful with this thread for other fans.
I'm sure posting this will help others dawyne :thumbsup:

In some ways it was lucky that you took one for the team and it didn't fall on someone less financially prepared :wink:

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
The other thing is kayak / Skyscanner show you the full range of options. So you can mix and match quickly. You don't want to be checking every airlines flights separately.

The secret for quick booking is to use kayak/skyscan find the exact flights then go to airline direct.
This exactly!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not everyone is going to just be at the game, fair few people want to soak up the atmosphere of seeing the Albion away in Europe. Going to be a class trip either way.
Well that’s fair enough, not that cash rich myself :)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I'm currently waiting for confirmation from Lastminute for Marseille trip Wed-Sat, says processing but worryingly "We're working on getting your boarding passes. You'll get an update soon."
They couldn't secure my return flight Saturday AM even though still available on EasyJet site. Offered me evening flight instead which I accepted but they have since cancelled the booking altogether! Lesson learnt :mad:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I have a spare flight to Athens if anyone is interested. Easyjet from Gatwick on Wednesday at 8am, Returning on the Sunday evening 9pm so you'd miss Chelsea away unless it's Monday evening. £212 + the £55 name change that would be needed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The other thing is kayak / Skyscanner show you the full range of options. So you can mix and match quickly. You don't want to be checking every airlines flights separately.

The secret for quick booking is to use kayak/skyscan find the exact flights then go to airline direct.
This. Use skyscanner to find the range of flight options from the airport(s) of your choice, then book direct with the airline

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here