Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3rd party travel sites for euro games BEWARE

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
But there are individuals on here who thought they were smart and got mugged off. I too am a seasoned traveller and looked at various options but knew that you don't use those sites so, swerved. Just thinking when I called someone out for bullshit and got a number of responses I am feeling quite smug now. Anyhow, the main thing is that people still have options and the willingness to travel to enjoy our first taste of europe.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well that's why aggregator sites exist.
Many inexperienced travellers want a one-stop shop to assess and find the best option.
It's easier to see the whole range of flights available on a flight aggregator. However lesson learnt that once you find the flight you want you should go direct to the airline.
Fair enough. I have never heard of flight aggregators. I used to travel a lot but after a few early crap experiences with budget airlines learned to always prioritise airline over price.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I'm currently waiting for confirmation from Lastminute for Marseille trip Wed-Sat, says processing but worryingly "We're working on getting your boarding passes. You'll get an update soon."
Amsterdam booking is confirmed but for Athens think I'll book flights direct.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
But there are individuals on here who thought they were smart and got mugged off. I too am a seasoned traveller and looked at various options but knew that you don't use those sites so, swerved. Just thinking when I called someone out for bullshit and got a number of responses I am feeling quite smug now. Anyhow, the main thing is that people still have options and the willingness to travel to enjoy our first taste of europe.
Let's just get this straight though. 3rd parties move their prices with the airlines. As someone said the price was continually updating during the booking. There's no special formula.or cheatsheet. No bullshit the price I paid was the correct price at the time.

I know people who have booked through other third parties for these games that got the bookings through fine. But the risks aren't worth it, hence why I thought I would try and be helpful with this thread for other fans.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm currently waiting for confirmation from Lastminute for Marseille trip Wed-Sat, says processing but worryingly "We're working on getting your boarding passes. You'll get an update soon."
Amsterdam booking is confirmed but for Athens think I'll book flights direct.
Which airline? Worth calling the airline direct. I was quite surprised ....ryanair picked up within 10 mins and were very helpful.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Which airline? Worth calling the airline direct. I was quite surprised ....ryanair picked up within 10 mins and were very helpful.
Easyjet, I may give them a call lunchtime

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can happily prove you wrong .... Feel free to DM ;)
I’m teasing you. But out of interest if I did DM you, what would happen? How would you prove you’re a seasoned traveler?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
It was only me you called bullshit on and you were wrong. Prick 😂

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Astonished how many people appear to be booking flights and hotels and tickets aren’t even on sale yet. It’s this mass panic I guess that feeds algorithms and why we’re all now controlled and ripped off by our digital masters. You reap what you sow I guess.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Astonished how many people appear to be booking flights and hotels and tickets aren’t even on sale yet. It’s this mass panic I guess that feeds algorithms and why we’re all now controlled and ripped off by our digital masters. You reap what you sow I guess.
it'll be much more controlled and orderly once tickets are available. :jester:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
it'll be much more controlled and orderly once tickets are available. :jester:
You mean when club confirms you’ve not got a match ticket, and don’t need that flight ticket anymore? :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here