Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3rd Investec Test Match - England v West Indies - Lords

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes but Root has never wanted to play at No.3 and he is now the Captain so can't see it happening.

Yeah I know. It's annoying though as your best player should be at 3. I just wonder if his mind will be changed now he's the captain and has the responsibility of us not being turned over by the convicts. He's basically playing at 3 at the moment anyway as we're usually about 20/2 after a few overs.......

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Back on, slowly but surely edging towards the West Indies total, apparently the weather is going to be OK for the rest of the day which is ridiculous given the forecast.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
50 up for Stokes. He's in Bothamesque form this summer, what an incredible talent.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I watched the C5 highlights last night, and might watch them again. I was staggered at what was being done with the ball. Great to watch. England are so lucky to have so many talented cricketers at the moment, but it just seems to highlight those problem positions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well played sir, you got him twice in the same over... :glare:

To be fair that was a gap of 25 mins, and on this wicket that's enough time for Stoneman and Westley to have two goes each.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Moeen is out. 134/8. Strange scoreline as it feels like we've been doing ok with Stokes' 50 and Malan/Bairstow sticking around for a bit but the score would suggest otherwise

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No point scratching around now for 10-15 more runs when the conditions are favourable for bowling and improving tomorrow.

We want them in and 4 down by close of play tonight.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
194 all out, good cameo from Broad and lead of 71

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
194 all out, fun & frolics at the end, 71 runs is HUGE in context of the game, every chance Malan etc. won't bat again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here