3rd Ashes Test Match: Edgbaston - 30 July to 3 August

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...only 8 more runs to avoid the follow on!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Get rid of that useless twat PLEASE. How many failures before someone takes action?

Jesus. He has only played 8 test matches so far. You should very much be renamed 'Trigger'. I assume you would have dumped Graham Gooch after his debut pair. Certainly deserves longer than a handful of test matches before putting him out to pasture. Gone are those days, thankfully, that we gave caps willy-nilly without giving someone a decent run in the side. He can work on his faults, and as Piers said earlier, he is not playing in his position of strength at the moment.

Saching Tendulkar described his emerging talent as 'special' - that is good enough for me.:p

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Well the simple answer is, literally, anyone. Noone can possibly be as bad as Ravi so it doesn't really matter. He's averaging 20 with a high score of 35 and we're half way through the series. I really wouldn't worry about who to replace him with as they can't do any worse. Any of the usual (admittedly mediocre) candidates will do.

So you cannot come up with an alternative?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The umpires have been shocking in this match really. That's now THREE absolutely unequivocally plum decisions they've failed to give. They've also given some dubious ones too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i think it got an edge first, just

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Well my first choice would have been to (before the series) BEG Trescothick to play five more tests. But as that won't happen, I'd still take any of Key, Carberry, Moore, Shah, Denly and Joyce over Ravi though. I wouldn't say any of them are great or long-term options, but they'd get more than 100 runs every FIVE innings.

Key should not be near the side. Has had enough chances and not done much with them, also keeping him away from the side, helps keep Freddie sober.

Carberry, well he has been around long enough and not got near the side, which suggests he might not be up for it. Moore and Denly, we shall see, but I doubt it. Shah, well the fact he was described as intense and then promptly jettisoned after the Windies tour, suggests he might be a bit of an issue in the dressing room.

Keep them coming...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports