Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3pm sat 26th

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I suspect that even though the game wont be live it could easily be one of the extended highlights games, meaning it could be picked up for live coverage abroad resulting in internet streams.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Interesting that those on ST waiting list get next priority (After ST holders) before non season ticket holders irrespective of loyalty points. Bound to upset some I would think.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don't know why so many people were so sure it was going to be on TV. If Arsenal win the replay its a top 6 Premier League team against a mid table Championship team. If Swansea win its mid table Premier League against mid table Championship. Neither particularly exciting games to a neutral.

If Arsenal win I could see them doing to us what they did to Reading so probably just as well its not on the box after the Liverpool game last season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Amazed it isn't going to be on TV tbh - one of the big four away to the best-supported team in the Championship, who beat a Premier League team in the last round? Bizarre.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i am not i am only have my say for gods sake

But you're like David Steel in the two David's from Spitting Image. I'd give up if I was you, you're wrong as were others the last time. The club is a business and needs to maximise its profits, simple. A home tie such as this is a bonus and that can only help with budgets (players?). Stop moaning

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Amazed it isn't going to be on TV tbh - one of the big four away to the best-supported team in the Championship, who beat a Premier League team in the last round? Bizarre.

The fact we won't know the opponent for another week probably made a difference, hard to sell a game to advertisers when you don't know who is actually playing

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
But you're like David Steel in the two David's from Spitting Image. I'd give up if I was you, you're wrong as were others the last time. The club is a business and needs to maximise its profits, simple. A home tie such as this is a bonus and that can only help with budgets (players?). Stop moaning
i bet we lost money on saturday against newcastle

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I'll have to give it a miss then. Burns' Night 25 Jan so there is no way I will be fit to drive at 0900 to drive down to the Amex. Never mind.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If it's Swansea, i'll bet £10 it's a sell out.
If it's Arsenal, i'll bet my left bollock it's a sell out.

I presume that the left bollock is supposed to indicate the greater sacrifice or certainty. Personally i would rather win the £10.

And I wouldn't bet against the time being changed for it to be televised, especially when it is clear who we are to play.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The fact we won't know the opponent for another week probably made a difference, hard to sell a game to advertisers when you don't know who is actually playing
They do seem to prefer making a decision and not waiting for the outcome of replays, still surprised though. I guess they thought Brighton v Swansea wouldn't be enough of a pull.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
I don't know why so many people were so sure it was going to be on TV. If Arsenal win the replay its a top 6 Premier League team against a mid table Championship team. If Swansea win its mid table Premier League against mid table Championship. Neither particularly exciting games to a neutral.

If Arsenal win I could see them doing to us what they did to Reading so probably just as well its not on the box after the Liverpool game last season.

This logic doesnt stack up - if this is true, then why were we picked for tv in the 3rd round? We were picked because a chance of any upset, and if it turns out to be Arsenal, as a top PL side, they would be on the tv incase there is a potential upset...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here