Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

392 away fans!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be fair I have been away with the Albion and we have had terrible showings in the late 80s and through the early 90s it picked up slightly when our troubles began to be honest.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't understand the criticism Wigan get. Most fans sing 'where were you when you were shit' when they start selling out having reached the Premiership. Think it's great that a small club has done so well to compete in the Prem for so long, whilst not attracting huge crowds. Good luck to them, they should be held as an example of what smaller clubs can achieve

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I don't see this thread as a criticism of the Wigan fans, but as an observation that they do not have the support in numbers to survive without prem money or DW handouts ( which are drying up) As people have stated its more of a RL town, I have nothing but respect for people who support their local team when Merseyside and Manchester are on your doorsteps.

Forest are a team that are also in trouble and I wouldn't be surprised if they were relegated at the end of the season, the difference being that Nottingham is a football town and Forest will always have the capability/resources to get back up the footballing pyramid.

If Wigan do go down then I recommend a visit next season, if just to taste those beautiful pies!!!!!!!!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What is it with this sudden obsession with attendences this season ? I just dont understand why ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here