[News] 39 bodies found in lorry in Essex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Interesting question on the radio, how would people be reacting if they had been found alive

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It breaks my heart that the only way we can hope to change government oppression is by large blocs like the EU engaging in bilateral dialogue, yet we have voted to leave this organisation. China, Russia, Iran and Trump's USA don't care for human rights or value human life, so who the f*ck is going to stop this downward spiral?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It breaks my heart that the only way we can hope to change government oppression is by large blocs like the EU engaging in bilateral dialogue, yet we have voted to leave this organisation.
So what has the EU done up until now to get places like China to treat humans humanely? Nothing of any consequence I'd suggest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
First of the suspected victims has been named, but not confirmed.

Ms Tra My's family have shared the last text messages she sent to her parents.

They read: "I am really, really sorry, Mum and Dad, my trip to a foreign land has failed," she wrote.

"I am dying, I can't breathe. I love you very much Mum and Dad. I am sorry, Mother."

Heartbreaking.

_109372610_phamtramy.jpg
Bloody hell that's sad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So what has the EU done up until now to get places like China to treat humans humanely? Nothing of any consequence I'd suggest.

It was economic sanctions by the EU that helped towards the iron curtain coming down.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

That's why I used the word 'hope'. There was time we had no dealings with China, now we trade with them. in time, trade might lead to trust, and trust might lead to something better. It is a long process and bridges have to be built. India is a huge country with a huge population but treats its people far better than China, maybe by us helping India get stronger they can exert positive infuence on China.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First of the suspected victims has been named, but not confirmed.

Ms Tra My's family have shared the last text messages she sent to her parents.

They read: "I am really, really sorry, Mum and Dad, my trip to a foreign land has failed," she wrote.

"I am dying, I can't breathe. I love you very much Mum and Dad. I am sorry, Mother."

Heartbreaking.

_109372610_phamtramy.jpg
[MENTION=30176]Diablo[/MENTION]

"Oh well. Shit happens"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was economic sanctions by the EU that helped towards the iron curtain coming down.
You realise that's not China, right? There are no such sanctions with China. China does what it wants and the rest of the world keep their heads down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That's why I used the word 'hope'. There was time we had no dealings with China, now we trade with them. in time, trade might lead to trust, and trust might lead to something better. It is a long process and bridges have to be built.
And all of that can happen with the UK in or out of the EU.

India is a huge country with a huge population but treats its people far better than China, maybe by us helping India get stronger they can exert positive infuence on China.
I can't see India become strong enough in the forceable future to make China re-think their strategy.

We need the US and the EU to act as one if we want to see reform in China, but the fat cats in charge don't seem to care.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Plenty of virtual signaling on the msm and the usual posters here but little discussion as to how those that would like to relocate to the UK could be accommodated if travel restrictions were relaxed .

Indeed. And what I'd like to know is what are these peoples plans for integrating? Have they looked into this properly?

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bloody hell that's sad.

And yet.....gammon whose arses rarely leave Sussex see fit to shrug their shoulders. Probably had their empathy bypass surgery on the NHS, I'm alright Jack, etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And all of that can happen with the UK in or out of the EU.

I can't see India become strong enough in the forceable future to make China re-think their strategy.

We need the US and the EU to act as one if we want to see reform in China, but the fat cats in charge don't seem to care.

I agree with most of that post except the first line.

How the hell can the EU losing one of it's major powers improve the chances of them putting pressure on China, whether with or without the US ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How the hell can the EU losing one of it's major powers improve the chances of them putting pressure on China, whether with or without the US ???
Improve? Where did you get that from? I didn't say the chances would improve, I said it 'can happen with the UK in or out of the EU'. The UK (if out) would join the EU in any pressure put on China.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Improve? Where did you get that from? I didn't say the chances would improve, I said it 'can happen with the UK in or out of the EU'. The UK (if out) would join the EU in any pressure put on China.

Any small independent economy could join in and do what the EU and US decide to put pressure on China. It is still less effective if they are outside of those two major economic powers :shrug:

But we are obviously not going to agree, and to be fair, this probably isn't the thread to continue the discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports